Where would this team be with Mahomes?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Plenty of us wanted Mahomes last season, and as it stands now, he looks like a surefire superstar. Now, I don't think we could have gotten him, without dropping our entire 2017 & 18 draft in someone's lap, but why not play what-if?

Is Mahomes just that good? Would he have been able to work with this mediocre offensive line and little talent at WR (assuming we wouldn't even have Kirk)? Would Mike McCoy have wasted this talent?

I personally don't think anything would be all that much better, in all honesty, but it's worth asking.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can you believe drafting Mahomes, who finishes out last year as our QB, BA still retires, and we still get Wilks/McCoy???

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Can you believe drafting Mahomes, who finishes out last year as our QB, BA still retires, and we still get Wilks/McCoy???
I do think BA would have still retired. Maybe we would have gotten Shurmur, but I'm not so sure that would have been a good thing anymore. Matt Nagy? But I don't recall us being that interested.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BA would have coached a player like Mahomes....with a crash-cart and medical crew by his side till he keeled over....When Carson let him know he was done, BA followed suit.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Better, but still not good

KC has a better than average offensive line and outstanding skill people that all complement each other ( Hill deep, Kelce mid, Hunt out of the backfield)

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I think Mahomes would be ruined here. I have noticed that he tends to go backwards instead of stepping up into the pocket and that’s what caused the strip sacks. with our offensive line and play calling under McCoy, he would be benched or injured by now.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mahomes had the best worst game I ever seen

6 TDs(twice this year) with 5 turnovers

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
LOL. This is such a profoundly dumb take. He threw for 6 TDS!
And directly gave up the ball repeatedly, in the most important parts of the game. Don't get me wrong, he's very good, but this kind of play could be his downfall, like it was Favre's.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Game would’ve been won by KC if Scandrick didn’t drop the easiest pick of his life.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly we would all think he is a total bust under this coaching staff.