Where is the cheapest place to buy Turbo Tax?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was wondering besides Costco, is there any place where Turbo Tax is on sale for a good price?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually keep an eye on the ads for Best Buy, Office Max, and Staples. One of them usually has it for a ridiculous low price for one week (to draw customers in for other purchases). I've purchased it at both Target and Wal-Mart in the past too.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember where I first bought mine. Maybe Target? But that was years ago.

You have to understand that there are different versions depending on whether you itemize or not, and that there are additional charges to download the state returns.

That said, I am on auto-renew. So I get a TT deluxe + State sent to me each year and this year it was $60.

The first time you use it is time-consuming because you have to enter all your personal information, employer ID numbers, interest accounts and all that. But when you use it in subsequent years it is a breeze because it imports all that personal info from previous returns and you never have to type it in again.

Last year, I did an itemized federal plus an itemized state in about 60-90 minutes.

Plus, if you itemize, you can deduct the cost of the software.

Love turbo tax.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the online version through my bank.

Yeah I have my IRAs with Fidelity and if you go through them I think you get 10-15% off. This year TT had a problem with my return that they couldn't solve via helpline so they had me download the desktop version and transport my online in progress info over.

From what they told me I can do at least 3 Federal returns for what I paid so it should be cheaper I should be able to do my girlfriends for free(Federal ) just the filing fee no charge for the software.

I also got an update last night that apparently added a form I needed. I checked the online version today(premier) and that form is still not available that way.

I've always done online in the past.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I got the home and business deluxe ($80 at costco) for $74 at Amazon.