Where is Fischerking?

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
He's probably stuck in traffic returning from the game. I just got back.

Congrats Cards fans on your win. Your Cardinals definately beat my Packers at the line of scrimmage most of the game. I felt that was where the game was won and lost for the most part. Boldin and Blake made a lot of good plays too.

I still had a great time depsite my Packers losing. Win or lose I'll always be a Packer fan because I'm not a bandwagon fan, but today I have to tip my hats to the Cards.

I also have to tip my hats to the Cards fans. They got pretty loud at times even though they were out numbered. I brought a Cardinal fan along with us who can't afford season tickets, and needless to say he had a great time too.

Hopefully we get a rematch at Lambeau in the playoffs ;) Somehow I don't think we'll make it though the way we're playing.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
He's probably stuck in traffic returning from the game. I just got back.

Congrats Cards fans on your win. Your Cardinals definately beat my Packers at the line of scrimmage most of the game. I felt that was where the game was won and lost for the most part. Boldin and Blake made a lot of good plays too.

I still had a great time depsite my Packers losing. Win or lose I'll always be a Packer fan because I'm not a bandwagon fan, but today I have to tip my hats to the Cards.

I also have to tip my hats to the Cards fans. They got pretty loud at times even though they were out numbered. I brought a Cardinal fan along with us who can't afford season tickets, and needless to say he had a great time too.

Hopefully we get a rematch at Lambeau in the playoffs ;) Somehow I don't think we'll make it though the way we're playing.

classy post! By and large (mostly on the large!) the Pack Fans as a whole were great fans - they rooted for their team but admitted they were beat fair and square. No one complained about that PI call in the 4th or any othe ref calls. Very knowledgeable fans and very well behaved.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
classy post! By and large (mostly on the large!) the Pack Fans as a whole were great fans - they rooted for their team but admitted they were beat fair and square. No one complained about that PI call in the 4th or any othe ref calls. Very knowledgeable fans and very well behaved.

Thanks. Me and my buddies agreed that that flag could have gone either way, but that flag didn't lose us the game. We got outplayed.

I thought the turning point was when the Cards got the field goal before the half. The Packers scored on the two previous drives and seemed to be gaining the upperhand, but the Cards went quickly down the field to tie the score and take it away, and the Packers never got it back.

I thought about meeting King Of Cards at half time for the beer he promised me, but I was up in section 210 and I didn't think I had time to run down there through all the crowd.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm here - I posted in the Cardinals section like a real fan. :D

Andikrist - what's your malfunction? You got a problem with me or something?

Shawn

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
I'm here - I posted in the Cardinals section like a real fan. :D

Andikrist - what's your malfunction? You got a problem with me or something?

Shawn

Shawn and his wife, even though they were decked out in Packer gear, managed to make the halftime gathering.

2 weeks in a row andi's been a no-show. Poor form, andi. Poor form.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296

VERY questionable PI call but those are some of the kinds of things that need to go your way sometimes.

Houdini or Fisher. Is there something wrong with Favre? His throws seemed so erratid today...especially with the time he was getting in the pocket. Just curious.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry guys that I didn't make halftime - waiting in line for a drink about killed all the time for me.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
VERY questionable PI call but those are some of the kinds of things that need to go your way sometimes.

Houdini or Fisher. Is there something wrong with Favre? His throws seemed so erratid today...especially with the time he was getting in the pocket. Just curious.

The Cardinal friend that came with us said something to the effect that they have to get some of those calls after getting screwed so many times like against Irvin and the Cowboys.

I thought Favre looked OK to me. I could have sworn he was going to get sacked once by someone, and he did a little flip pass to someone for a completion. Typical Favre. I don't think Favre is our problem. His arm is still strong. he's a tad off target at times. But his recievers just don't seem to be as open as they did a few years ago. That's why they got rid of Schroeder and Freeman last year, but the new guys don't seem to get open that much either. Walker has blazing speed, but he doesn't seem to be shifty to me. I think Driver is a great number 2 receiver like he was last year when Glenn took away a lot of attention, but now he's getting the extra attention with Glenn gone, and no one else has really stepped up.

The thing that bugs us Packer fans is how they always seem to start so slow. Even last year when they won a lot of games, it seemed like they'd waste away the 1st quarter before getting started. They are doing it this year too. The Packers are 22 and 3 the last 3 years when they score first, and only 12 -13 when they don't. They have to start the game with more urgency.

It's going to be interesting. Favre said their offensive line is better than the Super Bowl years and I agree. I like our running back when he doesn't fumble the ball. But there just isn't something clicking with the receivers in my opinion.

Defense is a whole different matter. We have some problems on that side of the ball, especially the Dline and safety position opposite Sharper. What's wierd is it seemed like Emmitt had lots of large gains today, but one of the box scores said he only gained 2.5 yards a carry. Maybe that was a typo or something, because it seemed like he had several long gains where we got beat at the line of scrimmage. The Cardinals converted a lot of 3rd and longs to their credit too.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini

I thought about meeting King Of Cards at half time for the beer he promised me, but I was up in section 210 and I didn't think I had time to run down there through all the crowd.

You should have come down! Oh well, the Packers fans are the best. Classy. No doubt!

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houdini - I'll agree with you're assessment of the Wideouts. I think Walker (to me, at least) has been a disappointment. We'll have to wait and see how he finishes this season, but imo, he should be further along and be contributing more than he has been so far. There were a couple of plays today were he looked a little lost and there was that long throw by Favre in the 3rd Quarter where the ball was in his area, but he was totally oblivious to it.

I've been pretty jazzed about Green - but it seems like he's getting the case of fumblitis again and that's not good. Dude cannot keep putting the rock on the rug - that's just not going to cut it. I'm not sure what the coaches need to do to fix, but it needs to be addressed and dealt with quickly. I like Davenport, but for some reason he seems to have fallen a bit out of favor with the coaches - I think it's his production, but all he does is spot Green, so I'm not really sure what's going on there. I really like Fisher a lot - dude has skills. He can catch and run and he did a really good job today when he was in the game. The times Favre got Fisher the ball he made some really spectacular plays.

Our D couldn't stop a thing today - that was perhaps the most embarassing aspect of our entire play. I was so not enthuased by their play. Nick B. is good, Brown is a stud and Sharper is a gamer - beyond that, we really didn't show anything out there - tragic.

It might be a very, very, very, very long season...

Shawn

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards - sorry for thinking you were andikrist! :D :thumbup:

It was nice meeting ya.

Shawn

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
You should have come down! Oh well, the Packers fans are the best. Classy. No doubt!

Thanks. I didn't see any fights or confrontations in any of the sections near me. Hopefully there wern't any anywhere else.

Congrats on your win. I really would have come down, but it was packed with so many people up by us to fight through, and I didn't want to miss any of the game.

Was Skorp actually able to meet you guys through all the people?

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
apology

...to you FischerKing - I don't have a problem w/ you - i was just kidding, but crude anyway - i deleted that post.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: apology

Originally posted by andikrist
...to you FischerKing - I don't have a problem w/ you - i was just kidding, but crude anyway - i deleted that post.

No problem. That just caught me off guard and I didn't think there was any animosity brewing between us.

It's all cool.

Shawn