Where does Jaelen Strong End Up in the Draft?

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see Strong being the 3rd or 4th WR taken in the draft. He will be a late pick, but I strongly :)p) believe he is a 1st rounder. Dream would be to have him on the Cardinals, but that is not an area we need for next year obviously. Would love to have him come back for his Senior year, but that has 0% chance of happening. He has all the tools to become a very successful WR in the NFL, IMO.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He's gone after this year. So physically gifted. Not sure of his speed and if that could hurt his draft position...
My early guess would be a 2nd rounder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Some have him as a late first-rounder. If Fitz leaves, and a pass rusher of substance isn't available, I'd be fine with the Cards taking him.

Reaction score
Lack of elite speed will drop him out of the first round. He does have all the other tools and should be successful at the next level.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lack of elite speed will drop him out of the first round. He does have all the other tools and should be successful at the next level.

He reminds me a bit like Anquan Boldin who was a second round pick.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
what does that even mean?

It means that Q is the ultimate warrior - a pure beast. Strong.... not so much.
Don't get me wrong, I like Strong a lot. It's unfair to compare him to Q. IMHO, Strong has the weaponry to be a prolific NFL receiver (his lack of speed notwithstanding), however, he is nowhere near the warrior that Q is.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
his lack of speed notwithstanding

"Speed" is a relative term. I don't think he has elite burner type speed for sure. But I also see him getting past DB's. When he runs the 40 at the combine, I guess we'll know exactly how fast he is or isn't.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
"Speed" is a relative term. I don't think he has elite burner type speed for sure. But I also see him getting past DB's. When he runs the 40 at the combine, I guess we'll know exactly how fast he is or isn't.

Don't get me wrong - I believe he has enough speed to be effective at a certain level in the NFL. However, because he lacks great speed AND great toughness, he will never be an elite NFL receiver... Which, given his pure physical attributes, is a little disappointing.... Boldin makes up for his lack of elite speed with an intensity that is second to none.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taller than Boldin, different body type and nowhere near the heart of Anquan...

Completely disagree with this. One of the biggest memes in sports. I don't think you can questions Strong's heart. Dude throws his body all over the field and goes up to fight for passes with the best of them.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely disagree with this. One of the biggest memes in sports. I don't think you can questions Strong's heart. Dude throws his body all over the field and goes up to fight for passes with the best of them.

I totally agree with you on this one. The guy has a huge work ethic and he wanted back in that game at the end vs osu, with a concussion. Even heard Graham saying that he has never been around a player that works as hard as Strong, ever. The guy is a highlight reel and gonna miss watching him in an asu uniform.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I totally agree with you on this one. The guy has a huge work ethic and he wanted back in that game at the end vs osu, with a concussion. Even heard Graham saying that he has never been around a player that works as hard as Strong, ever. The guy is a highlight reel and gonna miss watching him in an asu uniform.

Hope I'm wrong... But, I don't believe I am. And it wouldn't be the worst thing about him if he fell short of the warrior level that Boldin inhabits. Most WR's aren't in Q's class.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope I'm wrong... But, I don't believe I am. And it wouldn't be the worst thing about him if he fell short of the warrior level that Boldin inhabits. Most WR's aren't in Q's class.

I love Q but let's not forget his baby attitude towards not being the man and pouting like a baby here at times. I don't want Strong to turn out like that either.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strong has been clocked in the mid-4.4s. I think under scrutiny he'll be low 4.5s. He's not a burner, but he's not slow, either.

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I haven't seen Strong until this year, and to be honest, after hearing the hype, I expected more of a consistent game changer. The little I've seen, he doesn't seem to have Boldin's determination and toughness. He's like Mike Evans, but not as good. I don't know if he'll be a Day 1 pick.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong - I believe he has enough speed to be effective at a certain level in the NFL. However, because he lacks great speed AND great toughness, he will never be an elite NFL receiver... Which, given his pure physical attributes, is a little disappointing.... Boldin makes up for his lack of elite speed with an intensity that is second to none.

Strong has been clocked in the mid-4.4s. I think under scrutiny he'll be low 4.5s. He's not a burner, but he's not slow, either.

Yea... I think we're saying the same thing here. ;)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
9 picks left in the 2nd round and Strong still not taken... I was hoping better for the kid, though, I knew all along he wasn't a first rounder and at best, a late second rounder. We'll see in the next 20 mins or so if someone snatches him up.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9 picks left in the 2nd round and Strong still not taken... I was hoping better for the kid, though, I knew all along he wasn't a first rounder and at best, a late second rounder. We'll see in the next 20 mins or so if someone snatches him up.

Wonder what everyone knows that we don't???

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Wonder what everyone knows that we don't???

Well... I was pretty spot-on with regard to Strong from the start. Never saw him as an elite player. Got loudly boo'd here because of my views on him, but I thought all along he would have trouble getting serious interest and again, at best someone might take a flyer on him in the late 2nd round, simply because of his size and hands... We'll see...

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

OMG

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's the deal. His stock went up after the combine. He was faster than people thought. Kiper et al had him going way higher than this. He was invited to be there for round 1 and the next day.

So this smacks to me like some kind of rumor being floated about him or his character. The Baltimore paper had some one quoted saying he had "undisclosed misconduct issues", which sounds like a load of crap to me.

So whatever it was that caused him to drop, I think he is going to prove a lot of people wrong. His performance here at ASU was definitely elite. So he will do well somewhere.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
It is too bad he came out on a year with so much WR talent. I wish we could have had him back for one more year with Berco at QB. Another huge year and a (potentially) weaker WR class would probably have meant a higher draft slot for him.

If Houston can get a QB I think he will do well there. DeAndre Hopkins is a burner and really compliments Strong's skill set well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard