Where does Jaelen Strong End Up in the Draft?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It cost Jaelen Strong some money dropping to the third round but cream rises to the top. Show NFL teams they made a big mistake.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Strong was considered a potential first-round prospect but doesn't necessarily possess the top-end speed that teams covet these days. All told 10 other wide receivers were drafted ahead of Strong and he's going to remember that by wearing No. 11 with the Texans as he noted on Instagram.

Instagram | @jaelenstrong21
Number 11 to remind me that 10 receivers were taken before me in the Draft. So much hunger in my heart. Thanks Houston! #HTOWN #ASUForever

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...no-11-to-remember-10-wrs-drafted-ahead-of-him

Todd Graham isn't sure why standout receiver Jaelen Strong slipped to the Houston Texans in the third round of last week's NFL draft, but the Arizona State coach is sure of one thing: It wasn't because of character issues.

According to a report in The Baltimore Sun, teams might have passed on Strong because of "undisclosed conduct issues" during his time with the Sun Devils.

Graham's response: "That's absolutely false. Jaelen did everything I asked him to do. He signed every autograph, he handed the ball to the officials (after touchdowns). The guy was never in my office. He took care of his business and he did what he was supposed to do."

Graham questioned the timing of the character reports.

"Why didn't you hear that before the draft?" he said.

Graham said he thought Strong -- one of 28 players invited to attend the draft -- would go near the end of the first round and was surprised when Strong was still available after the second. The Texans chose him with the draft's 70th overall pick.

"My opinion: There's not 10 receivers better than Jaelen Strong,'' Graham said, later adding: "But Jaelen's going to be fine. He's with a great organization. Coach (Bill) O'Brien is great."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...conduct-issues-are-absolutely-false/26898919/