What was the most memorable food in your trip?

kekeo

Reaction score
One of my friends told me his travel story yesterday.

He went on a trip to China, Korea, Japan for about a month. He said he felt satisfied with foods of those countries except for some foods(made from anonymous bugs) in china that make people little disgusted.

He told me that the most delicious food for him was Korean style's roasted bacon named sam gyup sal. He was quite surprised that people were roasting pork on a caldron lid and there were all sorts of bacon dishes seasoned with wine, garlic, green tea, red pepper paste, mulberry leaves etc.I heard that bacon is more popular in asia than in other countries but I didn't know how much they love it.

In my case, Dumplings jammed with japchae(japchae, mixed dish of boiled bean threads, stir-fried vegetables, and shredded meat) in Korea and Japan's Okonomiyaki were impressive and delicious.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, kekeo, where are you from? Why are your posts re-posts from this site: http://jellyfish1616.blogspot.com/ ?

Do they give you topics to post about and then you read the replies to learn the language better?

I'm intrigued.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to try true Japanese okonomiyaki.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might sound weird, but I had the absolute best soup and brown bread at the Guinness Brewery in Dublin. It was delicious!

I also had a fabulous portabello mushroom dish at NOLA in New Orleans. OMG. Wish I could replicate that recipe!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was in Rhonda, Spain:

Apricot Glazed Roasted Suckling Pig

My daughter was 2 years old at the time and was a pretty picky eater. She didn't eat much of the food in Spain. However she devoured my suckling pig. In one way I was happy she was eating something other than chips. Then I realized she ate half of my delicious pig. :bang:

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. Maybe the better question is how the heck did you discover he was re-posting from that site? Detective Linderbee is on the case!
It was Free Agent Ralph Ting on the case:

okonomiyaki can be whatever you want it to be.....

awesome!
Wiki says its main ingredient is cabbage. Wiki is the know-all, end-all, be-all of everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okonomiyaki
Dish details
Course served: Snack
Main ingredient(s): Cabbage
Variations: Regional variations

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was in Scotland, I had to try Haggis.... my wife thought it was disgusting but there way no way I could go there without having some. Wasn't what I would call great, but not as bad as people told me it was. I mean, how great can sheep guts be??

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not a bot :)

Read further in the thread quoted by the Bee