Reaction score
Here is their new schedule.

NBC FALL SCHEDULE

Monday
8 p.m.: Heroes
9 p.m.: Trauma
10 p.m.: The Jay Leno Show

Tuesday
8 p.m.: The Biggest Loser (two-hour edition)

Wednesday
8 p.m.: Parenthood
9 p.m.: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Thursday
8 p.m.: SNL Weekend Update Thursday (seven eps; swap in Community midway through fall)
8:30 p.m.: Parks and Recreation
9 p.m.: The Office
9:30 p.m.: Community (swap in 30 Rock midway through fall)

Friday
8 p.m.: Law & Order
9 p.m.: Southland

NBC SPRING SCHEDULE

Note: 2010 Winter Olympics preempt regular NBC programs February 12-28, 2010.

Monday
8 p.m.: Chuck
9 p.m.: Day One

Tuesday
8 p.m.: The Biggest Loser (90-minute edition)
9:30 p.m.: 100 Questions

Wednesday
8 p.m.: Mercy
9 p.m.: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Thursday
8 p.m.: Community
8:30 p.m.: Parks and Recreation
9 p.m.: The Office
9:30 p.m.: 30 Rock

Friday
8 p.m.: Law & Order
9 p.m.: Southland

Sunday
7 p.m.: Dateline NBC
8 p.m.: The Marriage Ref
9 p.m.: Celebrity Apprentice

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Fox may pick up My Name is Earl. Life is gone too, but Parks and Recreations is still around. I am so glad I have little time for TV anymore.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen Parenthood previews and it looks promising. If you liked the movie, you'll probably like the series. I have questions about Trauma, but NBC dumped a lot of money into it, so they obviously think it's going to be special. Mercy is like a cross between ER and Scrubs with a little bit of Desperate Housewives thrown in. I wasn't interested, but I'm sure it will draw some female viewers NBC so desperately needs.

Depending on how Leno fairs in the local news lead-in spot, this could be NBC's strongest lineup in years. It's actually much better than last year's, which was crap and L&O for most of the week. Lots of original programming for grown-ups. I'm not complaining.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant believe they ditched Deal or No Deal.. One of the few shows I actually watch.. Jerks..

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
NBC will be too busy writing up news story for their boss (GE and Obama) for how great GE's new new medical records technology will be...they are very unbiased lol

The Office is all I watch anymore on there

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I predict that Law & Order will go after the 20th season!
They really have worn out their welcome.

Nah. They still get good ratings. I predict they'll spawn another one.

Law & Order: PSU (Pawn Shop Unit)

Jameel White as Det. Omar Brock
Joey Lawrence as Det. Vinnie Carpelli
Alan Alda as grizzled ADA Jonas White

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but NBC is also the morons running "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" 3 nights a week?

No wonder Conan keeps joking about how bad NBC's ratings are.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but NBC is also the morons running "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" 3 nights a week?

No wonder Conan keeps joking about how bad NBC's ratings are.

I could be wrong but Isnt it actually 4 nights a week? Either way, horrible.

Reaction score
Oh c'mon, Heroes is a good show. It's not amazing anymore, but I think it's still decent - better than the other crap on the air.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oh c'mon, Heroes is a good show. It's not amazing anymore, but I think it's still decent - better than the other crap on the air.

Heroes was okay in season one because it was new, and had a far different angle from other shows. It also had a ton of flaws that it never, ever came close to overcoming. Soon into the second season I found it utterly unwatchable. And I loooooooove good sci-fi stuff. Doctor Who it ain't.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think anyone who thinks Heroes is good wants it so desperately to be good (because of the enticing premise) that they look past all the glaring flaws on principle. The writing went from mediocre to awful, the character development is a flat line, the plot development is something out I would expect from a high school writer.

It's a nice idea, but they've virtually ignored all the best and most "grown-up" elements to comics.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
I think anyone who thinks Heroes is good wants it so desperately to be good (because of the enticing premise) that they look past all the glaring flaws on principle. The writing went from mediocre to awful, the character development is a flat line, the plot development is something out I would expect from a high school writer.

It's a nice idea, but they've virtually ignored all the best and most "grown-up" elements to comics.

Sadly, I agree. I was a big fan during/after season 1 due to the novelty and initial energy of the show. Was disappointed in season 2, and finally gave up on it earlier this year. Too many other good things to watch with my time...

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBC is losing money and has been in trouble since 2007. MSNBC is hemmoraging red ink. NBC news divisions have had drastic cutbacks in personnel. GE, owner of 80% of NBC, has had their bond ratings reduced. The stock price has been slammed.

I doubt GE will be patient with NBC much longer. The peacock may not survive.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Sadly, I agree. I was a big fan during/after season 1 due to the novelty and initial energy of the show. Was disappointed in season 2, and finally gave up on it earlier this year. Too many other good things to watch with my time...

same here

gave up on it an episode or two into season 3. it was never a conscious decision, but I fell behind by an episode or two and realized that I didnt care about the show enough to go back and watch them

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBC is losing money and has been in trouble since 2007. MSNBC is hemmoraging red ink. NBC news divisions have had drastic cutbacks in personnel. GE, owner of 80% of NBC, has had their bond ratings reduced. The stock price has been slammed.

I doubt GE will be patient with NBC much longer. The peacock may not survive.

NBC's long-term future is fine. The company is undergoing a massive paradigm shift to cable and online programming. They're even better at it than Fox or CBS/Columbia. Their cable stations provided something like $600 million in revenue last year. There's a reason why they never brought over shows like Monk to the Peacock ... they're shaking that money maker on the cheap.

They have a big stake in Hulu, but I imagine them pulling back. They've been very secretive about their online plans, but I've heard rumors of a stronger partnership with iTunes that will provide more revenue for them. In that game, it's two or three cornerstone shows that provide the bulk of revenue, not 15 hours or programming.

So they getting the news lead-in on the cheap. They'll even take much lesser ratings. They don't care, although they stand to upset the apple cart with their affiliates. The question remains whether NBC even wants or even thinks they need affiliates down the road. I'm guessing no.

We're all talking about the death of newspapers, but broadcast television is not far behind. I foresee a future when only Fox (because they have more money that Davey Crockett) and PBS being the last two broadcast stations standing in 10 years. Everyone else will migrate across your cable/sat channels.