• Deni Avdija

• Tyrese Haliburton

• Isaac Okoro

• Onyeka Okongwu

Results are only viewable after voting.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I like polls so get use to them :) Of these players that are projected to go in the 4-9 range who would you most like to see slip to the Suns. I allowed two choices because otherwise I figure Toppin would run away with it.

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Toppin & Okongwu are my choices as we need to develop a PF. I like Okongwu because of his athleticism and he is arguably the best defender in draft. Toppin's offense is way ahead of his defense now but PHX's interior defense is its biggest weakness IMO. Both should be gone by #10 so I would be looking at Jalen Smith if I was James Jones. Smith has length, athleticism and can shoot / rebound / defend. I would take Smith over the wings and PG's projected to be available.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of the available choices I will select Tyrese Haliburton and Onyeka Okongwu.

Tyrese Haliburton checks all the boxes for me as a passer, shooter and IQ. Also I like Hayes as well but he will likely need more time to develop.

I'm really torn between Okongwu and Toppin. Okongwu is the type power forward Ayton needs around him. He plays defense and should be able to develop his shooting but Toppin is a more finished product.

I'm not sure why players like Jalen Smith or Precious Achiuwa do not get more attention. Really like Smith and think he will go higher than projected.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of the available choices I will select Tyrese Haliburton and Onyeka Okongwu.

Tyrese Haliburton checks all the boxes for me as a passer, shooter and IQ. Also I like Hayes as well but he will likely need more time to develop.

I'm really torn between Okongwu and Toppin. Okongwu is the type power forward Ayton needs around him. He plays defense and should be able to develop his shooting but Toppin is a more finished product.

I'm not sure why players like Jalen Smith or Precious Achiuwa do not get more attention. Really like Smith and think he will go higher than projected.

IMO, it would be hard to put Okongwu and Ayton on the court together. Toppin is much more appealing as a pairing with Ayton, he can shoot, he can slash, he can defend on the outside and, most importantly, it won't clog up the paint.

Okongwu made four shots ALL YEAR outside the paint. He'd make for an interesting backup option, but I think him and Ayton together would be a mess.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
IMO, it would be hard to put Okongwu and Ayton on the court together. Toppin is much more appealing as a pairing with Ayton, he can shoot, he can slash, he can defend on the outside and, most importantly, it won't clog up the paint.

Okongwu made four shots ALL YEAR outside the paint. He'd make for an interesting backup option, but I think him and Ayton together would be a mess.
Apparently this is not accurate.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure Toppin has the lateral quickness to be a good defensive player. Hopefully Okongwu would develop. I had a tough time choosing between the two. We know Toppin is a good offensive player. I'd expect him to make an immediate impact on offense. That may be enough.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I voted for Deni. Out of all those choices I think he may have the highest star potential sort of a doncic lite. I'm not very high on okoro after the Josh Jackson pick im not very high on athletic defensive wings that have showed only small flashes of offense

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Voted Hayes and Haliburton. This is a really weird draft, lots of interesting prospects but the scary low floors. Right now I think my order of preference at 10 is Hayes, Vassell, Haliburton and Toppin but there are a number of guys I could be talked into. I wouldn't be upset if we ended up drafting down again and picking Paul Reed higher than he is currently slotted. He seems like such an obvious plus player to me but I keep seeing him slip further into the 2nd round on mocks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently this is not accurate.

I thought I'd heard his outside defense was solid, maybe not though.

I am not totally against Okongwu but I think he'd pretty much be unusable with Ayton on the court at the same time. I can handle Toppin as a shaky defender who does well at everything else, but I don't want to suffer through a team trying to run an offense out of the 90s.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Voted Hayes and Haliburton. This is a really weird draft, lots of interesting prospects but the scary low floors. Right now I think my order of preference at 10 is Hayes, Vassell, Haliburton and Toppin but there are a number of guys I could be talked into. I wouldn't be upset if we ended up drafting down again and picking Paul Reed higher than he is currently slotted. He seems like such an obvious plus player to me but I keep seeing him slip further into the 2nd round on mocks.

I can't figure out the Knicks but they would almost have to move up to be sure of getting Ball, Hayes or Haliburton. They really need a point guard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyrese Haliburton would fit next to Booker.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyrese Haliburton would fit next to Booker.

I like him a lot, if not for Cam Payne's stunning play in the bubble, then he'd be right there with Toppin as my top choice. I just think we need a versatile front court/wing player more than we need a guard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like him a lot, if not for Cam Payne's stunning play in the bubble, then he'd be right there with Toppin as my top choice. I just think we need a versatile front court/wing player more than we need a guard.

I like how Cam Payne played in Orlando but if the Suns can pick up a long term fix at point guard who can play next to Booker, I think the Suns need to look at it very hard.

Haliburton can shoot and distribute the ball. Point guards are so hard to find I think the Suns need to grab him if they can. It's hard to see Haliburton lasting to #10 though.

I do agree that Toppin brings tangible skills to the team and is the most NBA ready power forward. I'd be very happy with him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns draft a point guard, how great would it be for Ricky Rubio to tutor him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
8 games aren’t enough to convince me that issue is solved. Negele knight had an awesome run once. Positive small sample sizes are often more dangerous than if he just sucked because if it was fools gold it can set you back instead of forcing you to continue to look forward. Hope what we saw was at least some semblance of accurate. For instance his .517 shooting percentage on 3s is wholly unsustainable. Particularly when you look at his year-to-year averages.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I find obi conflicting. I find myself wanting to draft him, but my intellect tells me his lack of defense and poor rebounding is a disaster.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Obviously we all would take Obi. He has natural athleticism, shooting range, and fits perfectly in the gaping hole we have at PF. As far as the poor D he displayed in college, and speaking as someone who puts a higher priority on D than O, I'm ok with it. Monty found a magic wand and is using it to make players like Book and Cam into competent defenders. Players with heart and solid basketball IQ seem to excel here. I see no reason Obi couldn't follow suit.

My other choice was Deni. He displays tremendous basketball IQ and effort. He doesn't boast the athleticism of Obi, but makes up for it just about everywhere else. Consummate team player. Comparisons to Dragan Bender are highly inaccurate, and honestly... kind of lazy.

I love Tyrese Haliburton in spite of his odd twitchiness. He's 100% fearless. I have him rated lower than the other two due to his injury proneness and his shot being a tad goofy (seems fixable though). But I will be more than happy if we land him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still like the security of adding another point guard in the draft but Hayes or Haliburton may not be there at #10.

However, Cam Paynes only turned 26 on August 8th. If he continues to develop, it's not impossible to think he might be the Suns PGOTF.

Of course the Suns would have to pay him after the 2020/21 season when he becomes a free agent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave