What is this world coming to? SHAME ON YOU TNT!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
This makes me want to hurt something:

Timberlake Takes Broadcast Job With TNT

The Associated Press
May 7, 2003

NEW YORK (AP) -- Justin Timberlake is going from center stage to the sidelines as a special correspondent for Turner Sports.

The 'N Sync singer will report from several sports events for TNT, including the NBA playoffs, NASCAR races and the PGA championship. For TBS, he'll appear at major league baseball games and Big 12 and Pac-10 college football games.

"We are excited at what this unique marriage between the world of sports and entertainment can bring to our high-profile sports properties," Mike Pearl, executive producer for Turner Sports, said Tuesday. "Justin's interest and enthusiasm not only in the NBA, but in all sports should help provide our broadcasts with a new, fresh approach."

The 22-year-old pop star has played in the celebrity basketball game during the NBA All-Star Weekend the past two years. Last year, he hit a long-range jumper over fellow TNT analyst Kenny Smith, who won two championships with the Houston Rockets.

Timberlake's debut solo album, "Justified," has sold more than 2 million copies.

DIE TNT. DIE. :mad:

Charles V

Registered
Reaction score
I read about this the other day and was completely baffled. How out of touch are the people at TNT? I'm just guessing here, but I'm pretty sure that the TV viewing demographic in the NBA isnt the ever-important adolescent girl segment. Who exactly are the geniuses at TNT trying to please here?

I bet the NASCAR fans will really appreciate that brilliant move as well.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TNT may suck, but Kenny, Charles and that other guy are hilarious.

Did you see it the other night when they showed Kenny getting hooped on by Timberlake?

Then his face after? Man I was dying, that was too funny...

Mike

Charles V

Registered
Reaction score
Did you see it the other night when they showed Kenny getting hooped on by Timberlake?

Yes, that was the highlight of All-Star weekend last year. Kenny will never live that down.

You must be registered for see images

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberlake

Seems to be an all right guy. As a musician, I think he stinks, but he seems determined to move past his boy band image so at least he is smart.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Kenny Smith is great. It takes a pretty clever guy to be able to stand up to Barkley and be his straight man at the same time.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Timberlake

Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
Seems to be an all right guy. As a musician, I think he stinks, but he seems determined to move past his boy band image so at least he is smart.

He was smart enough to bring in other musical talent when making his first solo project, and, as you said, he appears to want to shed the boy band image of old.

There is also a rumor out there that he is in talks to be Jimmy Olsen in the next Superman flick, which is in and out of the works...

As for his singing - he appears to want to be the next Michael Jackson...only I think Justin is darker than Michael these days... :D

Kenny also got schooled by a little girl on the TNT set. Classic stuff. :thumbup:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the whole boy band hatred thing

Is kind of funny.

Let's be honest guys. If you were approached by a record company as a teenage guy and they said:

"We want you to be in this band. We will modulate your voice so you don't have to sing well. We will hire real musicians so you don't have to play well...

All you have to do is stay in shape, learn to dance, and make teenage girls want you. In fact, our plan is to make thousands of girls be willing to sleep with you on any given night."

"We also plan on paying you. If you are successful, you could make millions of dollars. In the worst case scenario, we will have you tour the world at our expense and give you the chance to lay pole in 50 countries with some of the most beautiful girls in the world"

"On the downside, this will probably only last you 3-4 years, but if you are smart with your money...you will already be retired."

Who is going to say no to that???

My high school fantasies weren't nearly this cool...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard