What is Isabella's football IQ...

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh no! Panic! He dropped two touchdowns! Let's pretend he doesn't have 35 receptions to Isabella's 7, 5 TDs to Isabella's 1, 595 yards to Isabella's 180, while playing the outside position we desperately can't fill.
At this point we can't complain about what Metcalf is or isn't doing. He's dealing with NFL teams #1 or #2 corners.

As I've said before if we wanted to gamble on Isabella thats fine. Could have taken Metcalf first and then took Andy at the top of the 3rd round. Apparently we had Allen with a top 25 grade. Meanwhile Max Crosby for the Raiders has almost 7 sacks.

Keim seems to value PFF as his main scouting method.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point we can't complain about what Metcalf is or isn't doing. He's dealing with NFL teams #1 or #2 corners.

As I've said before if we wanted to gamble on Isabella thats fine. Could have taken Metcalf first and then took Andy at the top of the 3rd round. Apparently we had Allen with a top 25 grade. Meanwhile Max Crosby for the Raiders has almost 7 sacks.

Keim seems to value PFF as his main scouting method.

He's way better than Andy so far that's obvious but the #1 or #2 CB thing is a bit of a stretch. He was when their top WR's and Lockett were all hurt but Lockett came back yesterday and nowhere near 100% was seeing the top CB and often a double team. Metcalf is a perfect fit for the Seahawks system because so much of it is Wilson improvising stepping up or avoiding the rush and Wr's just taking off.

Metcalf is a remarkable athlete, it's interesting in a thread about football IQ because Metcalf does literally 2 things well on the football field, run straight ahead fast, and jump, he has no wiggle, can't run routes, doesn't read defenses, doesn't have good hands, he's not even a good blocker for his size. But he's so big, strong and physically gifted he's still having a huge impact as a rookie. If he ever even halfway figures out how to play Wr in the NFL look out.

I hope Andy pans out, it's looking a bit better now than early but clearly so far he's been a huge disappointment. I don't think Metcalf would be as good here as he is there because our offense is a bit more complicated for a WR, lots of options etc, but clearly we'd have gotten more production from him than we have from Andy so far.

Lucky for me the weather in the Pats game sucked yesterday my opponent had 4 Pats and 2 Cowboys so the bad weather saved me in Fantasy in spite of Metcalf's drops.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The best part is that I have not seen Metcalf do anything that Hakeem Butler can't do.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
His drops and the miss by Wilson to Hollister are probably going to cost me my fantasy game today.

It's weird he has no wiggle at all, just straight ahead, but he's so physically strong he seems to be like LeBron going down the lane where he creates a wake as players fall off him, but agreed he seems to drop lots of balls.

That Hollister overthrow was brutal. Will cost me as well unless Goff goes off tonight. #Unlikely

Im not that impressed with DK. But Wilson will make him look like a pro-bowler.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Hollister overthrow was brutal. Will cost me as well unless Goff goes off tonight. #Unlikely

Im not that impressed with DK. But Wilson will make him look like a pro-bowler.

I got lucky the bad weather in the Pats game killed my opponent so I still won.

That throw to Hollister so atypical for Wilson I couldn't believe he missed him.

Metcalf reminds me of Michael Floyd, not off the field Floyd, or even what is the play where do I line up Floyd, just a big strong fast guy who makes great plays and blows the easy ones. Floyd before all his issues was a better player than Metcalf, more polished, ran better routes etc but same general thing. Metcalf at least so far seems to be far more together off the field so that's good.

Wilson to me is one of those why I watch football guys. When he came in I was the biggest skeptic, short guy, running QB, no arm. It took me 2 years to realize he's not a running QB, he's a QB who can run, he's got a good arm, throws as good a deep ball as anybody in the league. Just an amazing player. he plays in bad weather quite a bit in Seattle which suppresses the stats. They've never really had elite Wr's the skimped on the OL for years etc.

Kyler to me is kind of a cross between Wilson and Rodgers, not saying he's anywhere near as good as them now, but he has some of the traits of both.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kyler to me is kind of a cross between Wilson and Rodgers, not saying he's anywhere near as good as them now, but he has some of the traits of both.

would love to see Kyler develop some of the Rogers / Wilson pocket sense: they are the best at subtle moves in the pocket to buy time. Both actually set up blocks for their o-linemen with their movement.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would love to see Kyler develop some of the Rogers / Wilson pocket sense: they are the best at subtle moves in the pocket to buy time. Both actually set up blocks for their o-linemen with their movement.

Yeah he doesn't have that yet.

Wilson has this get small move where he ducks down and it's amazing how often he does that and suddenly pops out the other end and you can't believe he didn't get sacked.

Kyler so far tends to back up and he tends to slip quite often, hopefully that can be fixed with better footwork

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Really hope Butler breaks out next year.
I think he can be an impactful WR with a limited route tree. I said it somewhere else, but big and fast works in the NFL with smart coaches. He might only run vertical routes, but his size will be hell to defend. 6'5 with 35 inch arms is a vertical nightmare for defenses. Mike Williams for the Chargers is 6'4 with 33 inch arms and look at the success he has. Is he great? No. Is he something the opposing team has to account for? Hell yes he is. I won't get into the Mike Evans comp because Butler hasn't played a down, but there are similarities there as well.

If you think about the fade to Isabella, with Butler it is an easy pitch and catch. Think peak Fitz without the route versatility and amazing hands. I am pretty confident we can expect that next year from Butler.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard