What are you reading now?

seesred

Reaction score
Just finished the Hounds of baskerville an old Sherlock Holmes book. Read an interesting Biography about Jim abbott. He pitched baseball in the 1970's. He was born without a hand and pitched a no hitter for the Yankees. Very interesting.

GBR

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished the Hounds of baskerville an old Sherlock Holmes book. Read an interesting Biography about Jim abbott. He pitched baseball in the 1970's. He was born without a hand and pitched a no hitter for the Yankees. Very interesting.

GBR

Maybe he did but if you're talking about his MLB career, you're off by a few years. I saw him play when he was with the Angels circa 1990 and I'm pretty sure he was a rookie or 2nd year player at most. Nice guy, very friendly or at least he was to our little group.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re-reading "The Martian Chronicles."
Its been about 25 years. Really enjoying it.

It's been quite awhile for me too. Your mention got my attention so I searched Amazon for it but apparently it's not available for Kindle yet. Having recently re-read most of ERB, I decided to look for Lin Carter. Not much available there either so I decided to read a more earthbound tale and went in search of Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion Cycle and finally hit pay dirt. It's available on Kindle and I'd only have to mortgage my house and my neighbor's cars to buy the series (11/12 bucks for many of the books). I draw the line at 8 dollars per book so there goes that genre.

Anyway, as I searched through the fantasy titles I discovered that Stephen Donaldson is now well represented in the e-book world so I'm off to read the first Thomas Covenant series. With the way things are going for the Cards and the Suns I need something cheerful for balance. Nothing says happy like a mopey leper rapist.

Steve

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he did but if you're talking about his MLB career, you're off by a few years. I saw him play when he was with the Angels circa 1990 and I'm pretty sure he was a rookie or 2nd year player at most. Nice guy, very friendly or at least he was to our little group.

Steve

He pitched from 1989-1999 and threw the no-hitter in 1993.

Amazing to watch.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
The Road to Woodbury was not as good as The Rise of the Governor but it was a quick read. 277 pages and it took me just a few days thanks to a long drive to Denver.

I was getting worried about who the Governor was because the book took a bit to be connected to the first one.

It was good watching this last episode of Walking Dead and hearing names like Martinez, Stevens, and Philip.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The Road to Woodbury was not as good as The Rise of the Governor but it was a quick read. 277 pages and it took me just a few days thanks to a long drive to Denver.

I was getting worried about who the Governor was because the book took a bit to be connected to the first one.

It was good watching this last episode of Walking Dead and hearing names like Martinez, Stevens, and Philip.

I agree with you on all of this...a quick read and not as good as Rise. Still an entertaining book, I look forward to more from this series. I am hoping for maybe a book or 2 with an entirely different set of characters based outside of Georgia for a change.

After reading that I read Wayne of Gotham (Batman book) and followed that up with The Rape of Nanking (powerful book about a forgotten holocaust during WW2).

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Just started The Untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick. I like history books but this isn't my normal reading, it sounds like they intend to reveal the " dark side" of America...there is a Showtime documentary series starting soon too.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman, Jay Bonansinga

This is the first of three.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman, Jay Bonansinga

This is the first of three.

I downloaded the .cbr files of the first 100 issues and am going back through the series again on my computer. :jedi:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the .cbr files of the first 100 issues and am going back through the series again on my computer. :jedi:

That is pretty cool. I have read up to issue 60, but own 87-current. I am trying to purchase those individuals and then read them. Just picked up 65-70 on ebay last night and have a few copies in between. I have a few more to pick up before I get all the way caught up on the series. Once I get all of those in hand, then the real spending will start with getting 1-60. Someone just sold the compete series for $8500.

The book itself is a real book though, so a comic or graphic novel.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Just finished 'The Dog Stars' by Peter Heller... Pretty good...

I'm now reading 'The Hound of Baskervilles' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited:

seesred

Reaction score
Just finished John Grisham's new book. Very different for him. Solid read finished in short order. Enjoyed.

GBR

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jack Reacher series. I'm on book number two. I have a feeling I'll be plowing through all 19 of 'em in succession.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Just finished the "First Law" trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. Eh, they were OK.

Starting the Hunger Games to see what all the hubbub is about. Then I'll probably move on to The Wheel of Time books.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished the "First Law" trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. Eh, they were OK..

I finished the first one (took me a LOOOONG time to get into it) and a bit into the second one.

I really only like the Glotka character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard