Westphal is the new Kings head-coach

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow i didn't see this coming at all.
I loved Westy's ability to draw up offensive plays in clutch situations as well as his willingness to tinker...other than that I felt he was very mediocre as a HC.
I wish him luck in Sac Town.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Sacramento couldn't be much worse, so that is a good move :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Never understood why he was essentially blackballed as a HC in this league. Great tactician, good leader, and gutsy. Good luck Westy (except against PHX)

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Never understood why he was essentially blackballed as a HC in this league. Great tactician, good leader, and gutsy. Good luck Westy (except against PHX)

He wasn't blackballed nearly as bad as Frank Johnson was (for good reason). That guy hasn't touched a coaching bench since he was canned here. Guess that's what happens when you mess with the lead sponsors wife.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how he does for them. Good luck to him tho!

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Normally I would wish him well, but he's coaching the Sac-Town Queens who I hate with a bitter passion, so I hope he fails on an epic scale.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Good luck to him, he never should've been fired in Phoenix.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He wasn't blackballed nearly as bad as Frank Johnson was (for good reason). That guy hasn't touched a coaching bench since he was canned here. Guess that's what happens when you mess with the lead sponsors wife.

Frank Johnson was blackballed? I figured he couldn't get another job because he was incompetent and unqualified.

OP
OP
LV-Suns

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Terry Porter is rumored to be one of his assistant coach.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
you won't find a sonics fan who can stomach him - he was part of the trade that took dennis johnson out of seattle and did nothing there as a player before going to the knicks

then as wally walkers boy, he comes in and completely sinks the ship again as a coach

not to mention the one bit of success he does have a coach is when his teams got by the sonics in the WCF

there is no love in the PNW for this guy

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fitzsimmons>keys Ferrari>Westphaul>'93 Finals appearance:thumbup:(thanks Barkley)>'93/94-'94/'95>Two of the biggest choke jobs in NBA playoff history:barf:(thanks Westy) Hey Paul!.... constantly doubling down on Hakkeem and giving up 3ball after 3ball instead of 2balls is simple math.:bang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWGuUwjS4Pc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZUlzVoBqhM
Oh well, he was another very good offensive minded SUNS head coach who was lame on the defensive scheme......ya gotta love "The Guarantee" though(at 2:02).
What balls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyzptZmvVGk

Last edited: