Welcome to the 2019 NBA Draft thread.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Various thoughts. The Warriors hate the Pelicans right now they took the kid the Warriors wanted in the 2nd round, the Euro big who plays for the Santa Cruz Warriors.

I'm amazed Jaylen Nowell lasted that long, as a Warriors fan I would have taken him or Porter Jr over Poole. That said the highlights on Poole explain what they like, good size, still filling out, great range and perfect form on his shot. Nowell is more physically ready and I think you could play him on the ball with Curry off the ball at times but my guess is they think Poole is the best shooter of the 3. Porter has the most upside but has considerable character issues in his recent past.

Personally I would have taken Porter or Nowell.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luguentz Dort didn't get drafted. Maybe the Suns bring him for a look.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Luguentz Dort didn't get drafted. Maybe the Suns bring him for a look.
I bet his agent's phone started ringing immediatly. That's what I was saying earlier, there's going to be guys not drafted worth making some teams.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here is what happened today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think that this might be the worst ever draft night in Suns history.

Letting MIN to jump from #11 to #6 for Saric shows simply incompetence. I do think that no other NBA team than the Suns would have allowed this move.

Drafting Cameron Johnson is inexplicable. James Jones drafted himself with bad hips.

Trading MIL pick for Baynes (with the intention of buying him out) and #24 is simply a bad one. #24 has a bit higher value than MIL pick but that just does not justify taking 5 mil. dead money.

Then using #24 on the second coming of Kendall Marshall.

Warren, #32 for cash speaks for itself escpecially after reducing the created cap space by 5 mil. via the Baynes-trade.

If that is indeed Warren's real value, extending him was a colossal mistake since despite his continous improvement and unexpected jump in 3P-shooting he still was unable to earn his contract.

The whole operation reminds me of Isiah Thomas. Very limited knowledge, inexperience, lack of the ability of evaluating trade offers, no scouting, hiperactivity regarding trades which turn out self-contradicting ones.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he wasn't that far off.

Well, a prediction of less than 10 isn't too far from where we finished but another way to look at it is we won more than double the games he predicted which is off by quite a bit. And yes, I'm aware that in the predictions thread he easily came the closest.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that this might be the worst ever draft night in Suns history.

Letting MIN to jump from #11 to #6 for Saric shows simply incompetence. I do think that no other NBA team than the Suns would have allowed this move.

Drafting Cameron Johnson is inexplicable. James Jones drafted himself with bad hips.

Trading MIL pick for Baynes (with the intention of buying him out) and #24 is simply a bad one. #24 has a bit higher value than MIL pick but that just does not justify taking 5 mil. dead money.

Then using #24 on the second coming of Kendall Marshall.

Warren, #32 for cash speaks for itself escpecially after reducing the created cap space by 5 mil. via the Baynes-trade.

If that is indeed Warren's real value, extending him was a colossal mistake since despite his continous improvement and unexpected jump in 3P-shooting he still was unable to earn his contract.

The whole operation reminds me of Isiah Thomas. Very limited knowledge, inexperience, lack of the ability of evaluating trade offers, no scouting, hiperactivity regarding trades which turn out self-contradicting ones.

I'm not going to try explain away how and why the Suns did what they did. How they used the #6 pick particularly baffled me. I couldn't get my mind around it.

The only move I really liked was the Suns trading for Ty Jerome of course less Baynes. I was trying to figure out a way in my mind for the Suns to select him prior to the draft. The only way I thought the Suns might realistically do it is to use #32 plus the Bucks pick. So the Suns acquired him for something near his value as I viewed it.

Ty Jerome can shoot and has a good assist to turnover ration. I think his shooting separates him from Kendall Marshall. This was a bright spot for me in an otherwise perplexing draft night for the Suns.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Tacko Fall will sign with Boston.

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress

Tacko Fall will sign an Exhibit 10 contract with the Boston Celtics, a source told ESPN. Pencil in July 8th at 430 at Thomas and Mack for your first TACKO Vegas Summer League fix.

1:24 PM - 21 Jun 2019

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard