Welcome Jared Harper

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Loved watching Harper in the Summer League. Glad he got a deal.

Actually I don't like it.

While I thought he looked decent in summer league, we don't need a Tyler Ulis clone, which is realistically what his potential is.

We have Okobo, Lecque, and Carter already as 3rd, 4th and 5th backups. Our 2 way deals should be used on other positions.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is G-League roster stuff. By nature the player isn't going to look like NBA material. Not worth worrying about.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If nothing else hes a good guy to feed Leque in NA. Get Jalen working with a PG for when/if he joins the Suns on the court.

Again costs us next to nothing and he will be a stud in G league.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually I don't like it.

While I thought he looked decent in summer league, we don't need a Tyler Ulis clone, which is realistically what his potential is.

We have Okobo, Lecque, and Carter already as 3rd, 4th and 5th backups. Our 2 way deals should be used on other positions.
He is thicker and has a really long wingspan (6-6) and a 40.5 vertical. He plays much bigger than Tyler ever could.

Tyler Ulis was a 5-8 with a 6-2 wingspan.

Last edited:

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Have to agree he is better then Tyler useless. Have to wonder when the NAZ G-league team will be announced.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to agree he is better then Tyler useless. Have to wonder when the NAZ G-league team will be announced.

They don't really announce the G-League team like Summer League. There is carry over from season to season. Unfortunately I have yet to find a good website for coverage of the G-League but I do know that their season starts almost a month after the NBA season does. So expect to hear more about towards the end of training camp.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harper is 5-11 with a 6-6 wingspan. Chris Paul is 6-0 with a 6-4 wingspan. So Harper, effectively, is bigger than CP3. His standing reach is higher, his side reach is longer (which is an underrated factor defensively playing passing lanes etc).

He has potential. It will be interesting to see which of our young pg's rises above the others--Jerome, Harper, or Carter. I don't think Okobo has any hope of competing with those three. His best bet to stick with this team is as a SG.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I am still a bit disappointed Melton did not grab the opportunity and hung on for another year. I have zero belief in Jerome, Harper, Carter, Okobo and Lecque. There have been too many young players come and go the last decade. Whatever man. At least we finally got a bona fide floor general. Looking forward to see Rubio build chemistry with Booker and Ayton.

Good luck to us! Go Suns. F Sarver.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose