Week 2 2022: Heroes and Goats

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murphy was definitely a HERO. Great coverage and the winning play made.

Murphy and Allen are two players that are frequent targets on this board, who are actually pretty good players. When they leave, we will miss them.
No one really talks about Allen good or bad and most people believe Murphy is easily our best CB.

His extensions should be priority numero Uno for Keim rest of the season.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
One of the delay of games they showed Kliff calling in the play with the play clock was at 6 seconds.

Let's all be fair for a moment. I believe we had nearly 80 plays and what ~8 make it or go home scenarios? High pressure situations and calling plays all the way down the play sheet.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What do you blame KK on?

I actually like Kliff to a certain point, but it seems you have been going out of your way to blame Kyler & not Kliff when both deserve an equal amount of blame, maybe even Kliff more so.

Kyler isn’t the only one of the duo that got a big extension.
I blame Kliff for being to accommodating and hands off. Not demanding more out of his QB ie putting him under C, pre snap motion, setting protections. I just believe that QBs have a ton of control over what happens on the field. Audibles, pace, their progressions, understanding the pocket and pre snap / post snap reads etc.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I blame Kliff for being to accommodating and hands off. Not demanding more out of his QB ie putting him under C, pre snap motion, setting protections. I just believe that QBs have a ton of control over what happens on the field. Audibles, pace, their progressions, understanding the pocket and pre snap / post snap reads etc.
He was under center quite a few times in the game and was the sole reason this game was won! So to have him a goat and Vance a hero makes the whole post a complete joke!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is only one goat in a thread where someone labels KM a goat for that game.

I get @kerouac9 point. Should you be a hero for digging yourself out of a hole you created? Even when being heroic like the big 2 point run it was only because he missed a wide open receiver in the back of the EZ that he stared down and still didn't pass too.

How often are we going to win relying on crazy low odds crap like that? Give me a QB that makes the simple pass to the back of the EZ over crazy scrambles any day.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Goats
Kliff-come on coach bro, get your personnel during substitutions in on time along with the play call. Jeez it’s like a broken record

AJ-put some stick em on those gloves lol

Fotu-this guy needs to be off this roster ASAP. Mr Invisible every week

Yeah that's a bummer about Fotu. He's such a physical specimen too. But he's got an incurable case of Rodney Gunter syndrome. Great at engaging his man, maybe getting some push. But when the ball carrier runs right by him, no instinct to disengage and make a play. All engage. No disengage. It's frustrating to watch.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get @kerouac9 point. Should you be a hero for digging yourself out of a hole you created? Even when being heroic like the big 2 point run it was only because he missed a wide open receiver in the back of the EZ that he stared down and still didn't pass too.

How often are we going to win relying on crazy low odds crap like that? Give me a QB that makes the simple pass to the back of the EZ over crazy scrambles any day.

I assume you mean AJ. Look at the 2nd 2 pointer where he gunned it into AJ. If you look at that play at the same point AJ was more open on the 2nd one than he was on the first one that Kyler didn't throw to him.

Also, I have to assume that what we saw in that game with Green having so much trouble hanging on to the ball isn't something that just happened Sunday it's probably been happening in practice too and it's probably why Kyler didn't try to gun that ball in there he didn't trust AJ to catch it at the velocity he wsa going to have to put on it to get it there.

The guy in the corner which apparently is Williams yeah he's open but Kyler was going through the reads and the first 2 were apparently Ertz and Green. 5 years ago you throw that ball on a line high and AJ Green plucks it and it's 2 points no hesitation, he just hasn't shown he can still do that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I assume you mean AJ. Look at the 2nd 2 pointer where he gunned it into AJ. If you look at that play at the same point AJ was more open on the 2nd one than he was on the first one that Kyler didn't throw to him.

Also, I have to assume that what we saw in that game with Green having so much trouble hanging on to the ball isn't something that just happened Sunday it's probably been happening in practice too and it's probably why Kyler didn't try to gun that ball in there he didn't trust AJ to catch it at the velocity he wsa going to have to put on it to get it there.

The guy in the corner which apparently is Williams yeah he's open but Kyler was going through the reads and the first 2 were apparently Ertz and Green. 5 years ago you throw that ball on a line high and AJ Green plucks it and it's 2 points no hesitation, he just hasn't shown he can still do that.

There are 3 guys in this shot alone I would expect any half decent QB to make.

First and most obvious is Green in the back corner of the EZ. The corner has bit on Dortch and all Kyler has to do is throw it high to the back corner and that.s an easy TD.

Second is Ertz in the middle. The linebacker is a good 3 yards away, Kyler is staring right at him and he has a huge lane through the O line. That's an easy TD.

And last, but not least, is Dortch. It's the most difficult of the 3, but not difficult. You fire that in there slightly to Dortch's right and even if the CB tries to play the ball he has to go through Dortch.

And this is the Kyler conundrum. Everyone praises him for tidying up the crap but forgets to mention he made all the crap in the first place.

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 3 guys in this shot alone I would expect any half decent QB to make.

First and most obvious is Green in the back corner of the EZ. The corner has bit on Dortch and all Kyler has to do is throw it high to the back corner and that.s an easy TD.

Second is Ertz in the middle. The linebacker is a good 3 yards away, Kyler is staring right at him and he has a huge lane through the O line. That's an easy TD.

And last, but not least, is Dortch. It's the most difficult of the 3, but not difficult. You fire that in there slightly to Dortch's right and even if the CB tries to play the ball he has to go through Dortch.

And this is the Kyler conundrum. Everyone praises him for tidying up the crap but forgets to mention he made all the crap in the first place.

So right corner is Green? I thought Green was in the middle who's in the back middle? I haven't seen a shot that shows but I thought green was back middle, Ertz in front of him, Dortch in the right corner, and Hollywood as the up guy. But then someone else here said Darrell Williams is the guy in the right corner not Dortch.

if that's Green in the corner yeah he's open because he's big but again I have to assume what we saw on Sunday is not a new thing with Green dropping balls

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't know what the numbers are showing, but there has been noticeably more presnap motion in both games so far.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So right corner is Green? I thought Green was in the middle who's in the back middle? I haven't seen a shot that shows but I thought green was back middle, Ertz in front of him, Dortch in the right corner, and Hollywood as the up guy. But then someone else here said Darrell Williams is the guy in the right corner not Dortch.

if that's Green in the corner yeah he's open because he's big but again I have to assume what we saw on Sunday is not a new thing with Green dropping balls
I think Murray saw that Raider in zone in front of Williams and thought that could be a pick. Sure he could throw up to the back pylon, but those type of plays are screwed up often, especially by RBs.

Murray obviously isn't as confident without Hopkins.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Actually the one I thought was Dortch at the front is Hollywood and the one in the middle I thought was Ertz is Maxx.

Pretty sure the back right guy is Green. He was lined up out wide in Green's spot and looks tall like Green. But could be anyone I suppose. But then if Kyler ain't going to make THAT pass why is he running that route? It should be Green, dumb if it's Williams.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Darrel Williams is the guy wide open at the back pylon. He’s waving his hands he’s so wide open when Kyler bails on the pocket.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was under center quite a few times in the game and was the sole reason this game was won! So to have him a goat and Vance a hero makes the whole post a complete joke!
He was under center 5 times. For times we ran and we passed once. Not sure we can say quite a few times.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i mostly disagree on this [lots of edits since i found the Cards video]

the video above switches to all-22 at :40 secs in the video -- AND has a running play clock embedded

lets Zapruder film this:

1. I think Darrel Williams (top right) needed to run his route deeper-- more to the top of the "A" to give room to go over the top of the Raider short zone defender. This, with 2 below is Kylers first read as he looks right at the snap (about 2.5 secs into the play).

2. Hollywood (short right side) isnt open. Decent chance that ball gets broken up, or, he is tackled without getting into the endzone

3. Kyler then looks to AJ Green in the back as he scans to the left.

4. Ertz is open -- he clears around 2.8 secs into the play. At 3.2 secs Kyler looks like he is pumping to go to Ertz. At 3.4 secs, Ertz is covered. Also, the Raider d-lineman you see comes free into his vision and Kyler pulls it down.

this play kinds sums up the variety of struggles. Decent play design, but (IMO) Williams doesnt quite run the route properly. Ertz does come open and Kyler needed to be .2 of a sec faster getting to (what looks like) his third read.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA