Week 1 Betting Lines Have Been Released

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Betting line has come out for Week one and the cardinals are 8.5 point underdogs to SF. Only the Texans are a bigger underdog week 1 and they play the chiefs. That is a lot of points. I thought it would be closer to 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Betting line has come out for Week one and the cardinals are 8.5 point underdogs to SF. Only the Texans are a bigger underdog week 1 and they play the chiefs. That is a lot of points. I thought it would be closer to 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll take the under.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about 53% bettor against the spread which basically means I push with the vig. I think this week 1 will be one of the hardest ever and Vegas will rake. Jumping on these early without knowing who is playing where and how many fans are attending is crazy. That 3 points for the home stadium may be meaningless. You will see I am picking a lot of underdogs against these large home time favorites.

Houston@KC -10. Thursday. Tough call. First Thursday game of the season rarely seems like a blow out. Checked the last 5 years and: 2019 Packers 10 Bears 3 2018 Falcons 12 Eagles 18. 2017 Chefs 42 Pats 27. 2016 Panthers 20 Donkeys 21 2015 Steelers 21 Patriots 28. Chefs are the only team to get close to that spread. Average margin of victory of 7.2 I am going to go with my gut that Houston covers the +10. Line hasn't moved so money is split so far.

Miami@NE -5.5 Barf. I wouldn't touch this game so absent of any real sense of how either team will look. Line is up to 6.5 already in a week so big money already going on NE. I think that line is too much for a first time start. Give me Miami +6.5

Cleveland@Baltimore -10 Another huge line and Cleveland has improved. I would take the Browns +10 here. Line has moved to Ravens -8.5. If it gets to -7.5 I flip to the Ravens.

Jets@Bills -5.5 This line seems about right. Bills are the kind of defensive team that will have Darnold seeing ghosts. I would take the -5.5 and even the -6. If it gets over 7 then I probably move to the Jets.

Seattle@Atlanta +1.5 Home underdogs cover all the time but I doubt it happens here. Give me the Seahawks right now. If the line moves to +3.5 then I switch to the Falcons to cover. Right now line is stagnant.

Washington@Philadelphia - 5.5. This isn't difficult here. The Eagles are a much better team than a Haskins lead Redskins team. I will take the Eagles. Line is up to -6 now and I still like the Eagles.

Chicago@Detroit Pick Em. Can Detroit tie in their first game again? I have no idea what the Bears are doing this off season. I guess I will take the Bears since the 3 point home spread may be meaningless. Spread up to Detroit -1. No change yet.

Indianapolis@Jacksonville +7. Remember what I saw about Home Underdogs? Ignore that. Jacksonville is going to be very very bad. Indianapolis is the 3rd or 4th best team in the AFC. line hasn't moved. Take Indy -7

GB@Minnesota -3. Minnesota is one of those stadiums where the home crowd makes a huge difference. With that crowd potentially out of the picture I like the Packers to cover the +3. Line is now -3.5 so even better.

More games later

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m betting on this one for sure. I see us pulling off a huge upset, by giving 49ers a hiding :)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cardinals at 49ers (-7.5), O/U 45.5
Sun. Sept. 13, 4:25 p.m. ET (FOX)

Best bet of the week. The Cardinals are a team I'm all in on this year and Week 1 is no exception. They draw a very good 49ers team, but Arizona kept it close twice against San Francisco last year and will be improved thanks to the addition of DeAndre Hopkins. I would look at the over here, but I also think these two teams can be more methodical than they're given credit for, which can lead to some longer drives and reduced scoring. 21-20 or 21-17 wouldn't be shocking here, but the Cardinals are covering and maybe winning.

Very Early ATS Pick: Cardinals +7.5
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...s-look-like-best-bets-after-schedule-release/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson