We need to make some moves

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Trading for Raja Bell as mentioned in another thread would be a very smart move.

Another move that would be great for the run and gun style of play would be Hakim Warrick, who is STILL available. We need to get this guy before one of the other teams looking at him like the Bobcats does.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately for us Suns fans, Sarver put his tiny wallet back into his pants for this offseason. Its over, this is the team we have at the moment.

Hakim Warrick? We dont need another Power Forward who doesnt rebound or play defense.

.. But I agree with you.. Something has to be done before the trade deadline.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading for Raja Bell as mentioned in another thread would be a very smart move.

Another move that would be great for the run and gun style of play would be Hakim Warrick, who is STILL available. We need to get this guy before one of the other teams looking at him like the Bobcats does.

How would trading for Raja be a smart move? He was causing locker room problems, his offense was eratic and his defense disappeared. Also, lets not forget that the team that is trying to get rid of him is more defensive oriented than the Suns and they don't want him. Even if you mean from a bench perspective, he would be an expensive bench player.

Also, we invited Dan Dickau to camp. Is Warrik really all that better then Dan? Maybe slightly better at scoring but Dan is better in the 2 areas the Suns care about.....assists and 3 point shooting. If Warrik put up some good numbers at the forward position I would get it but he doesn't do anything particularly well. If you have to fill a roster spot, I would rather do it with a guard that shows some production then a forward who shows none.

Do either of those moves really make the Suns better??

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There is no conceivable reason to reaquire Raja Bell. Regardless of his attitude with Porter, his defense was horribly depleted by the time he left the team. The only good thing about bringing him back would be it would make Nash happy.

As for Warrick, wasn't he signed by Milwaukee or something?

OP
OP
PoolBoy

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
damn, you're right Chaplin, i was reading an article about the best free agents still available and it said Warrick was still around.

cly2tw

Reaction score
There is no conceivable reason to reaquire Raja Bell. Regardless of his attitude with Porter, his defense was horribly depleted by the time he left the team. The only good thing about bringing him back would be it would make Nash happy.

As for Warrick, wasn't he signed by Milwaukee or something?

And Raja hates Amare's guts. That'd be a killer for team chemistry unless Amare was traded.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Bringing back Bell would not solve any problems, not to mention he is a shell of his old self anyway.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yah I have zero interest in bringing back Raja.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
As if we needed any more reasons, the Suns wouldn't be able to take on Bell's salary in a trade unless Barbosa went out as part of the deal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are indeed right. Hakim Warrick agreed to a 1 year deal with the Bucks.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/07/31/bucks.warrick.ap/index.html

I would really like the Suns to sign Dickau for insurance at the PG position but apparently the Suns wallet is closed. Also the Suns should not revisit Bell as he apparently burned bridges on the way out.

Agreed. If Dragic just doesn't have it (which I think he needs to prove this year), signing Dickau might be a good idea.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As if we needed any more reasons, the Suns wouldn't be able to take on Bell's salary in a trade unless Barbosa went out as part of the deal.

They could potentially trade J-Rich instead of Barbosa, though the Bobcats would have to include some other high-paid player.

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
They could potentially trade J-Rich instead of Barbosa, though the Bobcats would have to include some other high-paid player.

1) Richardson is buried here.

2) I cant believe what Im reading about Raja. The depletion of his skills is being grossly overstated. He's still an in-your-face defender, he can still hit the three and he still brings a chip to the Suns that they need.

The "bad lockeroom presence" is a joke. I refuse to blame anyone for mouthing to the media about Terry Porter. I wanted that guy gone after the second game and the first interview I saw. Bless that guys heart, but he had NO BUSINESS being a head coach. He's the worst communicator Ive ever witnessed. And how can we blame Raja when Kerr essentially did the same thing by firing his butt mid-way through his FIRST season?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
1) Richardson is buried here.

2) I cant believe what Im reading about Raja. The depletion of his skills is being grossly overstated. He's still an in-your-face defender, he can still hit the three and he still brings a chip to the Suns that they need.

Since when? He hasn't been a good "in-your-face defender" or a good three point shooter in a couple years. In fact, he wasn't either of those things his last year and a half with us!

The "bad lockeroom presence" is a joke. I refuse to blame anyone for mouthing to the media about Terry Porter. I wanted that guy gone after the second game and the first interview I saw. Bless that guys heart, but he had NO BUSINESS being a head coach. He's the worst communicator Ive ever witnessed. And how can we blame Raja when Kerr essentially did the same thing by firing his butt mid-way through his FIRST season?

I agree that the "bad locker room presence" is a poor excuse.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since when? He hasn't been a good "in-your-face defender" or a good three point shooter in a couple years. In fact, he wasn't either of those things his last year and a half with us!

Wow..we agree and that is so true. Those stats have been posted so many times.

I agree that the "bad locker room presence" is a poor excuse.

Damn it...back to disagreeing. ;)

Word was that Raja was making the entire locker room miserable with this attitude. So it was just not Raja talking bad about Porter to the media.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Word was that Raja was making the entire locker room miserable with this attitude. So it was just not Raja talking bad about Porter to the media.

But now Porter is gone, and without Porter, Bell was basically best friends with everyone on the team.

To be honest though, I cant see Bell being the one who ruins chemistry.. most likely it was Shaq who ruined it.

cly2tw

Reaction score
But now Porter is gone, and without Porter, Bell was basically best friends with everyone on the team.

To be honest though, I cant see Bell being the one who ruins chemistry.. most likely it was Shaq who ruined it.

Wrong! Raja hates Amare and used to ridicule him to the media every turn he got a chance to. And probably he thought he had that right because he was Nash's best friend and could do everything in name of the king.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
So who's responsible for the Suns' lack of chemistry? Who's the locker room "cancer" you all want to blame? The process of elimination is a good tool to use and you're getting close. First it was Marion; he's gone and it's still there. Then the inexperienced Porter--not the cause, he just made it worse and Nash took some heat for the turmoil that ensued. Now Raja's the goat for making everyone unhappy with his grumbling ("in the name of the king"). Another new theory: it could have been The Big Comedian, whose one full year ended with the Suns watching the playoffs from the comforts of their oversized couches for the first time in years.

My guess is that the eroding team chemistry will still be evident this season and it shouldn't be all that hard to figure it out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So who's responsible for the Suns' lack of chemistry? Who's the locker room "cancer" you all want to blame? The process of elimination is a good tool to use and you're getting close. First it was Marion; he's gone and it's still there. Then the inexperienced Porter--not the cause, he just made it worse and Nash took some heat for the turmoil that ensued. Now Raja's the goat for making everyone unhappy with his grumbling ("in the name of the king"). Another new theory: it could have been The Big Comedian, whose one full year ended with the Suns watching the playoffs from the comforts of their oversized couches for the first time in years.

My guess is that the eroding team chemistry will still be evident this season and it shouldn't be all that hard to figure it out.

IMO, the Suns chemistry will erode when they realize they cannot stop penetration to the basket and they cannot outscore opponents every night. Then wins will become like rolling dice based upon their offensive performance. Even the bad teams will be able to beat the Suns with easy penetration to the basket unless the Suns can outscore them. I believe the blame rests with the Suns ownership and management. I'm not sure what the Suns were thinking when they drafted Lopez. Where is the interior defense and rebounding?

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt our defense will suck but i think they will have fun regardless. Will they have chemistry issue? Possible, but that is a given with any team that is losing.
IMO, i think they will win enough games to put them in the playoff. Not like we havent seen what Gentry can do with the team. Considering he now has a full season with them, they will outscore their opponents enough to get to the postseason.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
IMO, i think they will win enough games to put them in the playoff. Not like we havent seen what Gentry can do with the team. Considering he now has a full season with them, they will outscore their opponents enough to get to the postseason.
That's been the Suns trademark for 42 years. Now they're back in their comfort zone.

And Suns fans will enjoy the good performances against other lite teams and sigh when we are out-rebounded and man-handled by the teams who play power basketball the way the league wants it and rewards it.

It's nothing new. Whether the Alvan Adams era or the Mark West era or the Amare era.

It's ironic. I moved from New Jersey to Phoenix 31 years ago (after visiting the Valley seven years prior to that and falling in love with it) because it was so laid back.

I just hoped that our NBA franchise would be an exception.