Watching TV in Canada?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, are there any Canadians on this board, or anyone who has spent some time there?

I have to be in Toronto for 10 straight days for work at the end of November. I have ZERO idea what TV is like there. Will I be able to watch my shows over there, or am I hosed?

Mike

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about TV, but here is the best way to fit in.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, youll be in another country and the only thing you can think about is TV? Go out and mingle!

I'm there for 10 days, there is only so much mingling one can do...and I'm not really a "mingler" anyways :)

CatBoxBackFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, are there any Canadians on this board, or anyone who has spent some time there?

I have to be in Toronto for 10 straight days for work at the end of November. I have ZERO idea what TV is like there. Will I be able to watch my shows over there, or am I hosed?

Mike

They have most of the networks and you should not miss any programs...but they are dubbed in Canadian.

If not, befriend a couple Canadians....one will surely have grey or black market DirecTV.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mike

If you're at a hotel, I think their systems may limit your exposure to American TV. I also know once you cross the border, any online access to American television is prohibited.

I know this because I wanted to see the CBC series jPod online, but the CBC didn't own rights outside of Canada so my American IP was blocked. I think NBC has an agreement with CBC, but not sure what that means for Canadian viewers.