Warner looked gimpy there at the end....

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Still waiting for the live post-game. Hopefully someone asks that question to Kurt. Gonna e-mail Urban now to see if someone can get the word on what appeared to be a re-aggrivation of that injured hip.

Keep'n my fingers crossed.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Noticed that too. I really hope it isn't anything serious.

Although he did play a large portion of last year with a bum hip, too. So who knows how it will affect him? He is tough as nails.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think they said it was an ankle, but he was favoring his hip to me.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He said in the post game it wasn't the hip he had surgery on. He also didn't sound like it was that serious.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Kurt said in postgame it was his hip from his last pass play to Fitz in the endzone

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
He did say it was hurting but not too bad but he would be feeling it for a few days but doesnt expect it to sideline him. I was really hoping he would say its nothing. Maybe Im paranoid but I almost felt like he had a little concern.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I saw the pass play it happened on and the O-Line got just a little lax near the very end of the game and the vikes wanted to take out some revenge for the Henderson injury,probably not knowing his own guy did it to him.

It was a mili-second to actually being a late hit on Kurt And it was a MAJOR hit that drove him into the ground and the commentators even commented if you have a game tape to rewatch it.I think it was cheap.He had already thrown the ball.He was rubbing it right away and could barely walk when he first got up.

If you know Kurt Warner.He'll just take it in stride and be in the ice and whirlpool all day tomorrow as most tough QB's are after a game like that and he'll probably get a scan if it still hurts to make sure there isn'nt anything to worry about.MRI Monday is what its for.Don't even blink when they ask you to check the 38 year old out just for goodness sakes.

We're going to the SUPER BOWL and we're gonna need that OLE' GUY for about 8 MORE GAMES.Now we know how to block freeney and mathis and score everytime we get the ball.We've still got room to get better as a team before its all said and done.We've gone through a hell of a schedule this year.We are ROAD TESTED and battle tested.

The hell with the 9 year existing SuperBowl losers jinx.Its officially OVER!!!Except the steelers are starting a new one for the winners.:D

Buckybird

Reaction score
The hell with the 9 year existing SuperBowl losers jinx.Its officially OVER!!!Except the steelers are starting a new one for the winners.:D

Easy Doug, we still have 2 months of football left, hopefully. One game at a time baby!!!

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Easy Doug, we still have 2 months of football left, hopefully. One game at a time baby!!!

Heck Bucky I'm betting the vikes lose to the Bengals and giants and we win out and with the tie breaker we get a first round bye and have one less game to play.Its gonna be grand.:D

We're on a MISSION Bucky.Its okay if you start feeling positive and learn to relax and enjoy this ride while its occuring.You'll look back once we've won it all and say I wish I'd enjoyed it more while it was happening.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Moratorium on all talk that isn't next week.

I've been hearing "SUPER BOWL" up in this wasteland since week-friggin 3. And these people just got their heart stomped.

So let's see what next week brings.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way Brenda was dancing around at the end of the game I decided I wasn't going to worry too much about Kurt's limping around. She watches him like a hawk every play and she knows him better than anyone. She was soooo enjoying herself. Good to see.

I'm sure Kurt and the staff are going to do exactly what needs to be done to get him back out there for Monday Night Football in good shape! And yes. I am ready.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The way Brenda was dancing around at the end of the game I decided I wasn't going to worry too much about Kurt's limping around. She watches him like a hawk every play and she knows him better than anyone. She was soooo enjoying herself. Good to see.

I'm sure Kurt and the staff are going to do exactly what needs to be done to get him back out there for Monday Night Football in good shape! And yes. I am ready.

He gets an extra day to recover this week as I understand it. Apparently they don't practice until Thursday because of the Monday-nighter.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Still waiting for the live post-game. Hopefully someone asks that question to Kurt. Gonna e-mail Urban now to see if someone can get the word on what appeared to be a re-aggrivation of that injured hip.

Keep'n my fingers crossed.

Yes he did. We hear it over and over but you still have to admire Kurt as one tough guy who stands in there and takes hit after hit in order to get the pass off. I noticed that Favre was not as anxious to take those hits and often was retreating as he threw the ball. Kurt also continued to read the defenses like he had their playbook and as the announcers noted he likely wants the opposition to blitz him as he then knows there is going to be one of our great receivers one on one. There is no one who can continually hold down Fitz one on one. If Boldin gets the ball in one on one he is likely going to carry his cover man for 5 yards or break free. We have to many outstanding receivers for nearly any team to effectively cover one on one. Kurt eats up zones. Sure hope that hip is OK as he mentioned it was hurting and you could see him limping in those last few moments. I thought the coach would pull him when we had the game won. Guess Kurt wanted to finish what he started. Spectacular defense and offense. We sure have to re-sign those defensive standouts we have. Hope they are working on that now. Can you imagine the Cards having the same offensive starters for over a year now? You can see it pays off.

Where did we get Campbell? That guy is turning into a monster. Leads the league in blocked passes. Has anyone noticed than our opponents seem to have more injuries than seems statistically probable. Game after game I see our opponents going out. Is this just an accident or is it because we are hard hitters? I am not suggesting we are trying to hurt players but if they keep such stats I would bet we lead the league in opponents being injured. That is not necessarily a stat to be proud of but I do wonder why?

Where do we stand with Dansby and Dockett as far as contracts go? They seem like a must to resign. Boldin is having a monster year now that he is healthy. Wonder if he still of a mind that he wants out of here and Fitz money? He and the two above are going to cost some heavy dollars but without them we are not the Cards we see today. This team can beat any team on a given day. Did I hear Kurt correctly, in his pregame interview, that he still had vision problems to the side since he was in New York? You sure have to wonder if he will be back next year as like he said winning a game is nothing compared to your health for the next 40 years as he has 6 or 7 kids and a wife he apparently loves very much. We will never again see the likes of Kurt on our team at least in our life times. Matt is going to inherit a team with the best receivers in football and an offensive line that can give him cover. The biggest "if" with Matt is he going to learn to read defenses. That is largely a result of experience. You can see the guys who learn to do this much quicker than others and some never learn. One also must applaud our defensive coach. He appears to be a defensive master. I fear he will be on the list to be a head coach rather quick. 8-4! Not since the 70's have we had this kind of start. What if we have the division won with two games to play do we rest Kurt? Or will there be something like home field advantage to play for? Guess it is to early to figure that out?
A really feel good game after a crushing loss.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Urban said no practice til thursday, that should be enough time to get rid of a small limp.

and yes, we sittin here talkin 'bout practice.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I saw the pass play it happened on and the O-Line got just a little lax near the very end of the game and the vikes wanted to take out some revenge for the Henderson injury,probably not knowing his own guy did it to him.

It was a mili-second to actually being a late hit on Kurt And it was a MAJOR hit that drove him into the ground and the commentators even commented if you have a game tape to rewatch it.I think it was cheap.He had already thrown the ball.He was rubbing it right away and could barely walk when he first got up.

If you know Kurt Warner.He'll just take it in stride and be in the ice and whirlpool all day tomorrow as most tough QB's are after a game like that and he'll probably get a scan if it still hurts to make sure there isn'nt anything to worry about.MRI Monday is what its for.Don't even blink when they ask you to check the 38 year old out just for goodness sakes.

We're going to the SUPER BOWL and we're gonna need that OLE' GUY for about 8 MORE GAMES.Now we know how to block freeney and mathis and score everytime we get the ball.We've still got room to get better as a team before its all said and done.We've gone through a hell of a schedule this year.We are ROAD TESTED and battle tested.

Our offensive line received some help from our RB's who apparently really know how to block and have the size to do it. Higtower play like a man with his hair on fire. This is not the same Hightower we saw last year. Fitz put in some important blocks also. We have two big fast RB's who can run and who can block and who can punish tacklers. That is what we have needed and what we have got. This is also what Whiz has been looking for. I was skeptical when we drafted them but that is why I am nothing more than a fan. Our DB we drafted is another great find and gets better with each game. Our DB's were also an important factor in last nights game.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Both Kent Somers and Darren Urban blogged that Whis says Kurt should be good to go against the Niners, especially given the extra day off. The Cardinals don't practice again until Thursday. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard