Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Brown & Potter battle for starting LT
Warmack starts @ LG
Sendline & Snyder battle for starting center
Warford starts @ RG
Massie starts RT

Say hello to a running game. Effective play action. Much improved pass protection. And the WAR twins as the coolest named guards.

Beanie entering a contract year will run like a beast! Then someone else can overpay him the next year.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm okay with Warmack or Fisher at #7. I'd be thrilled with Warford at #38.

That would be awesome. The Cardinals have been drafting "sexy" since 2008, it's time they draft "dirty" and get some help on the lines. I'd be good with 3 olinemen in the first three rounds this year.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
That would be overkill on the OG position. For one, I doubt Warford is the #38 rated player and the Cards would already have 4 other OG's on the roster in Warmack, Colledge, Snyder, and Kelemte. I know Snyder may be cut but there are other positions, with better prospects, to address at 38.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
But there's a sizable CAP hit in cutting Colledge.

so he competes for starting with the others. Along with Kelemete, who I have high hopes for. I like Colledge, I would like to see him be dominant and remain a starter, but it's a business, go with the best guy for the job

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
That would be overkill on the OG position. For one, I doubt Warford is the #38 rated player and the Cards would already have 4 other OG's on the roster in Warmack, Colledge, Snyder, and Kelemte. I know Snyder may be cut but there are other positions, with better prospects, to address at 38.
I know it is, and I love it.

I move Snyder to center, I would cut Colledge if it doesn't kill the cap. Maybe cut Sendline.

But those two guards will dominate. When's the last time we had anything like that on the line?

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I move Snyder to center, I would cut Colledge if it doesn't kill the cap. Maybe cut Sendline.

But those two guards will dominate. When's the last time we had anything like that on the line?

Sendlein is still good. He's a great story too. Plus he's a captain. Don't see any way he gets cut

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

I would like those two playing together. But I think Warford could he had in round 3. Teams are more likely to tackles first and Warford is probably the 3rd-6th rated OG behind guys like Warmack, Cooper, Frederick, Dallas Thomas, and Barret Jones. So, I can't see him going in the top of round 2.

What are you moving Snyder to center for when we are drafting Brian Schwenke in round 5 to be the starter ;).

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I would like those two playing together. But I think Warford could he had in round 3. Teams are more likely to tackles first and Warford is probably the 3rd-6th rated OG behind guys like Warmack, Cooper, Frederick, Dallas Thomas, and Barret Jones. So, I can't see him going in the top of round 2.

What are you moving Snyder to center for when we are drafting Brian Schwenke in round 5 to be the starter ;).
Because I am already dreaming. So adding Schwenke to Warmack and Warford would be crazyness. But I would love it.

Plus I don't think we can cut Snyder and I think he was solid at center. I'm Luke warm on Sendline.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I would not cut Sendline, he is good depth and not too expensive

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I would be shocked if we dont take a QB in Rd 2 unless a guy free falls into your lap like manti. Also there is no way potter is battling anything out Brown is the starter no matter what.

Keim has stated Potter could play guard so I doubt they would draft two if the plan is a line of Brown,Potter,Seindlin,Warmack,Massie.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
All this play action is great except you dont have a QB....a good QB will make this oline look sooo much better than it is. Spending the first took picks on guards isnt very smart imo.

Ive said this repeatedly, you have two coaches on this staff that are supposed to be "QB geniuses", please let them prove it. Let them mold a good QB into a great one. Cards need to draft a QB early. Kolb is awful + hurt, Skelton is bad, and Lindley is, well, Lindley.

DRAFT A QB AND LET ARIANS AND MOORE MOLD THEM INTO THE QBOF!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
All this play action is great except you dont have a QB....a good QB will make this oline look sooo much better than it is. Spending the first took picks on guards isnt very smart imo.

Ive said this repeatedly, you have two coaches on this staff that are supposed to be "QB geniuses", please let them prove it. Let them mold a good QB into a great one. Cards need to draft a QB early. Kolb is awful + hurt, Skelton is bad, and Lindley is, well, Lindley.

kind of an oxymoron.....QB's drafted early are expected to be great.......if we have such QB geniuses....then draft the offensive linemen....then steal the next Tom Brady in the fifth or sixth round and have our newly acquired gurus bring his greatness to fruition....

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
kind of an oxymoron.....QB's drafted early are expected to be great.......if we have such QB geniuses....then draft the offensive linemen....then steal the next Tom Brady in the fifth or sixth round and have our newly acquired gurus bring his greatness to fruition....

Thats worked out well for the Cards: Skelton and Lindley, Max Hall etc.

Guys are drafted high for a reason.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

Personally I would love it if we just took a year like this one and draft 2 studs for our OL, 2 OGS would be great or OG & LT &/or C even.

I am so tired of so many worrying about us getting a QB immediately. We have gone 30 yrs without hitting on one (except for Warner). One more year isn't going to matter. I want us to put together a monster of a OL for years to come, and wait another year if necessary to snag a QB we truly all can get excited about immediately.

Now that being said, I could make an exception for Geno Smith in the 2nd round, or in later 1st round if we were able to trade back and pick up 2 high picks to still get those OLmen I keep dreaming of. I could see Geno becoming a QB sensation like the one the Seahawks hit on this year.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I'm fine with that if Matt Barkley or Geno Smith fall to us at #7 overall, but there aren't a lot of amazing prospects after that that would override other concerns for more talented players.

If the QBs after Smith and Barkley all top out at, say, Mark Sanchez-level, is it worth using a 2nd round pick to develop a player to the point where they could be as good as Mark Sanchez?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I'm fine with that if Matt Barkley or Geno Smith fall to us at #7 overall, but there aren't a lot of amazing prospects after that that would override other concerns for more talented players.

If the QBs after Smith and Barkley all top out at, say, Mark Sanchez-level, is it worth using a 2nd round pick to develop a player to the point where they could be as good as Mark Sanchez?

Do you feel Barkley has what it takes to be a good pro QB? I seeBarkley ranked ahead of Geno Smith by one respected draft service.Barkley ranked 2nd QB on several others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave