Waiting to trade Crowder

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most outrageous thing is calling those demands outrageous. Crowder has proven value to a winning team so the pick is going to be low value and "the good young player" probably means someone that hasn't yet popped but looks to have potential since they appear to be valuing it the same as a rotation player that's "almost" good enough to start. That's reasonable IMO, worst case it's just a slight overvaluing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't buy it. I mean, teams do ask for the world as a starting point and that is likely where this came from. There is no way the Suns think they can get a 1st rounder plus one of those other options as well. No way.
I think it means basically we're expecting something like the 27th pick and either a Josh Okogie (good young player) or Damian Lee (almost starter level) in return.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

When i read about this early this morning, i didn't see the "2 of 3" things the suns were asking for. I wish i still had the article up on my computer, but i thought it said they were looking for those things in a trade but not "2 of 3".

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The most outrageous thing is calling those demands outrageous. Crowder has proven value to a winning team so the pick is going to be low value and "the good young player" probably means someone that hasn't yet popped but looks to have potential since they appear to be valuing it the same as a rotation player that's "almost" good enough to start. That's reasonable IMO, worst case it's just a slight overvaluing.
Yeah, not sure why those are considered outrageous.

We are talking about a guy who was a starter on the team with the best record in the league last year, asking for a near starter in return seems pretty reasonable to me.

I mean I see nothing wrong with asking for that kind of a return, because if you don't ask there is no way you will get it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it means basically we're expecting something like the 27th pick and either a Josh Okogie (good young player) or Damian Lee (almost starter level) in return.
Right, and how is that outrageous? The 27th pick usually is worthless.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, and how is that outrageous? The 27th pick usually is worthless.
Yeah, it's only outrageous if you're thinking something like lottery pick plus young future star or a strong 6th man. That's too much for Crowder but it's not likely what we were asking for unless we simply were outpricing him solely to satisy everyone that we were making an effort without actually making an effort.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if Kuzma is in same boat. WAS is content with keeping him unless they get a package of a 1st rounder and a player.

Of course Kuzma is arguably the best player on their team and not sitting on his couch criticizing his team.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Miami is great at turning these random dudes into productive players, but once they leave Miami they suck (Tyler Johnson, James Johnson, Josh Richardson).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those demands… for guy who’s not playing and will be a 30 game rental are absolutely outrageous.

You guys consistently overrate our players so much.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, it's only outrageous if you're thinking something like lottery pick plus young future star or a strong 6th man. That's too much for Crowder but it's not likely what we were asking for unless we simply were outpricing him solely to satisy everyone that we were making an effort without actually making an effort.

Hey lets makes these ridiculous trade scenarios to satisfy the people? Give them what they want? This makes no sense at this point, when it has already been shown that we were trying to move the guy. And we need him moved pretty soon here as the trade deadline approaches.

Some just need to realize Crowder sucks.
His value at this point, by not being a professional and getting more rotten at home, is at its lowest. The longer this goes, the more of a seller than a buyer we become.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey lets makes these ridiculous trade scenarios to satisfy the people? Give them what they want? This makes no sense at this point, when it has already been shown that we were trying to move the guy. And we need him moved pretty soon here as the trade deadline approaches.

Some just need to realize Crowder sucks.
His value at this point, by not being a professional and getting more rotten at home, is at its lowest. The longer this goes, the more of a seller than a buyer we become.
I really meant satisfy Crowder and his agent that we were making an effort. But now that it's public, it really can't accomplish much. But I still don't think the demands are unreasonable.

No one is going to give up a high or probably even middle first rounder for him. And no one is going to give us a quality starter or a young star in the making. So, considering what we'd likely land if they gave us 2 of those 3 options, anything less makes a trade almost useless IMO. If that were the case, I'd just look to move him to a team with the cap space to take him for a couple or three 2nd round picks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really meant satisfy Crowder and his agent that we were making an effort. But now that it's public, it really can't accomplish much. But I still don't think the demands are unreasonable.

No one is going to give up a high or probably even middle first rounder for him. And no one is going to give us a quality starter or a young star in the making. So, considering what we'd likely land if they gave us 2 of those 3 options, anything less makes a trade almost useless IMO. If that were the case, I'd just look to move him to a team with the cap space to take him for a couple or three 2nd round picks.
Nobody. That's why I think what is being leaked is the Suns initial asking price. They know they can't get a 1st. 2nd rounder? OK.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody. That's why I think what is being leaked is the Suns initial asking price. They know they can't get a 1st. 2nd rounder? OK.
Most likely it's being leaked (and phrased) by an agent trying to embarrass the organization into moving Jae. The gap between the lowest possible value of those supposed trade demands and the highest value makes it almost a worthless comment.

And yes, we can get a first for Jae, just not one that has much value. Heck, I'm pretty sure we got a first for Robin Lopez at a time when many of us thought he barely had second round value. And a late first rounder doesn't have much more value than a high second rounder, sometimes it has even less.

Anyway, it all depends on what we/they mean by a first round pick. And what is meant by a young player. And what is meant by a rotation player almost good enough to start. That all sounds like agent speak to me, ambigous enough to mean almost anything, or nothing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most likely it's being leaked (and phrased) by an agent trying to embarrass the organization into moving Jae. The gap between the lowest possible value of those supposed trade demands and the highest value makes it almost a worthless comment.

And yes, we can get a first for Jae, just not one that has much value. Heck, I'm pretty sure we got a first for Robin Lopez at a time when many of us thought he barely had second round value. And a late first rounder doesn't have much more value than a high second rounder, sometimes it has even less.

Anyway, it all depends on what we/they mean by a first round pick. And what is meant by a young player. And what is meant by a rotation player almost good enough to start. That all sounds like agent speak to me, ambigous enough to mean almost anything, or nothing.
James Jones said the radio they want value for Jae. No team in the Hunt is going to have a good 1st unless it's a future but the team put out there that they are willing to take on more salary in trade for a reason. To take on a player with that kind of salary isn't going to come with a 1st too.

Sounds like James wants a player who can contribute in this run.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones said the radio they want value for Jae. No team in the Hunt is going to have a good 1st unless it's a future but the team put out there that they are willing to take on more salary in trade for a reason. To take on a player with that kind of salary isn't going to come with a 1st too.

Sounds like James wants a player who can contribute in this run.
I don't doubt it. The thing is, IMO Jae is exactly who we need, coming off the bench. And again, if we can't get similar value for him, I see no reason to move him unless it's to clear his salary off the books so we can use it elsewhere.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't doubt it. The thing is, IMO Jae is exactly who we need, coming off the bench. And again, if we can't get similar value for him, I see no reason to move him unless it's to clear his salary off the books so we can use it elsewhere.
I think Jae is still the best option we have at PF starting. I also agree under normal circumstances the Suns shouldn’t move him if they can’t get value. However, evidently Jae and Monty will not be kissing and making up….ever.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Jae is still the best option we have at PF starting. I also agree under normal circumstances the Suns shouldn’t move him if they can’t get value. However, evidently Jae and Monty will not be kissing and making up….ever.
Can we trade Monty and bring Jae back instead?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellen Olsen is reporting that the players are siding with Jae Crowder, fully support him and want him on the team. Post game CP3 echoes that sentiment.

DOH! That seems to verify the issue is between Jae and Monty and Monty is the one that told him to stay home.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tell me which player do you like best?
Craig
Crowder
Cam J

I'd put Crowder third on that list. He's not going to save this team.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kellen Olsen is reporting that the players are siding with Jae Crowder, fully support him and want him on the team. Post game CP3 echoes that sentiment.

DOH! That seems to verify the issue is between Jae and Monty and Monty is the one that told him to stay home.

I was reading some comments made about the Jae trade somwhere, i cant find it again, but Monty sounded like he had input on the return piece. Could it be Monty doesn't like Jae's nature of being a tough-guy? Because Monty said something like "we want a guy who can be a good fit here", which i didn't take as being a good-fit position/skillset wise but character wise. Just thoughts and speculation on my part regarding this weird situation, i still believe that Jae still needs to suit up and play though.

Think about this, Jae last played a game last May which is 8 months ago.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me which player do you like best?
Craig
Crowder
Cam J

I'd put Crowder third on that list. He's not going to save this team.
I'd put him first. But if CamJ ever gets and finally stays fully healthy, I'd put him second. Jae's value is greater than his stats, like PJ Tucker's value was when he was here (prior to Watson, at least).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a personal invite by Chris Paul for Jae Crowder to return?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the interview with Chris Paul.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member