Viva Las Vegas!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Boise State does not play the toughest of schedules but were they not more deserving of a better bowl bid?

IMO, not many teams would want to play them in a bowl game.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Excited to play ASU in a game, but sort of frustrated with the BCS and the process. Heck, Craig james has voted Boise, 23, 24, or 25 the last three weeks. There's been some serious Bias from ESPN since we don't play on their network as much.

Boise's senior class is 49-3 with their 3 losses by 5 total points.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I know Boise State does not play the toughest of schedules but were they not more deserving of a better bowl bid?

Conference contracts with bowl games. The Las Vegas Bowl gets 1st pick of MWC teams unless they go to a BCS game. They face off vs the 5th ranked Pac team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excited to play ASU in a game, but sort of frustrated with the BCS and the process. Heck, Craig james has voted Boise, 23, 24, or 25 the last three weeks. There's been some serious Bias from ESPN since we don't play on their network as much.

I still remember when I turned off the TV years back (2007) when I thought Oklahoma beat them in the Fiesta Bowl only to learn later that Boise State came back and won. I was stunned and happily surprised. Shocked actually.

That was a big win for their program. As an ASU alum and fan, I do not look forward to playing them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conference contracts with bowl games. The Las Vegas Bowl gets 1st pick of MWC teams unless they go to a BCS game. They face off vs the 5th ranked Pac team.

Thanks for the explanation. I was unaware the Las Vegas Bowl had first choice of MWC teams in this situation.

What a great excuse to go to Las Vegas. :)

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Jurecki, initial Vegas line is Boise St -14.5.

I am real tempted to refinance my house and bet the whole thing on Boise St. to cover. :)

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Per Jurecki, initial Vegas line is Boise St -14.5.

I am real tempted to refinance my house and bet the whole thing on Boise St. to cover. :)

The sad thing is there are people who actually do this. I am actually thinking the line will head up and finish somewhere around ASU +17. To me that would be a good time to bet ASU. Boise has nothing to play for since their goal is the BCS and ASU is playing for Erickson.

Thanks for the explanation. I was unaware the Las Vegas Bowl had first choice of MWC teams in this situation.

What a great excuse to go to Las Vegas. :)

I wish I could go to this game. Flights are too expensive. As much as I don't like Erickson as our coach this would be a fun time. Take a 3 day trip and have a 3 hour portion to get pissed while enjoying the rest of my time. Oh well, maybe another year.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Erickson used to coach the Idaho Vandals, maybe Boise will want to send him off in style:)

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
You just know the Vandals are going to be rooting for Boise in this one. Didn't Erickson leave them for Wyoming before the WSU & Miami gigs, and then on a 2nd hire left them for ASU? I'll be rooting for ASU, but It could very well be a big, big time loss. Go ASU!

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah... ASU is going to get rolled... But maybe it will be good expierance for those Juniors..

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a screw job for both teams. Boise St definitely deserved a BCS bowl and we deserved an opponent in our own weight class. I don't mind playing a team that is better than us on paper but we ought to be facing a low ranked or unranked team. Boise St is once again left in the unenviable position where a loss makes their BCS snub look justified and a win does little for them.

Seriously, it's time we struck back at the BCS. There is no perfect way to make them see the light but turning the LSU/Alabama rematch into a ratings nightmare would be a nice start.

Steve

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

The BCS is a mess. Some of the worst Bowl matchups ever. But that is a result of pairing teams to sell the most tickets and hotel rooms instead of to get a great game.

For instance Michigan v Baylor instead of Virginia Tech. RGIII vs Denard Robinson would have been awesome. But Baylor fans in New Orleans would have been a nightmare for the Chamber of Commerce.

It is really ironic that the Bowl people fight a playoff saying it would render their Bowls meaningless when the BCS title game has already accomplished that.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
It's a screw job for both teams. Boise St definitely deserved a BCS bowl and we deserved an opponent in our own weight class. I don't mind playing a team that is better than us on paper but we ought to be facing a low ranked or unranked team. Boise St is once again left in the unenviable position where a loss makes their BCS snub look justified and a win does little for them.

Seriously, it's time we struck back at the BCS. There is no perfect way to make them see the light but turning the LSU/Alabama rematch into a ratings nightmare would be a nice start.

Steve

4 times in the top 10 of the BCS and we've been left out. The system seems to be a little messed up. I'm convinced if Boise had just made a FG and we were undefeated, we'd still get left out of the title game anyways. Rumors were that we were going to be in the Sugar and VT was put in last min. Big 10 commish didn't want michigan to play Boise.

Won't be watching the championship, looking forward to the matchup with ASU. How's Oswilers deep ball? We have some issues from injuries in the secondary. Thats how TCU got us.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I can say that once Boise State watches the film on #24, our right cornerback, they are going to mercilessly put up at least 4-5 touchdown passes on his side alone.

I anticipate a high scoring affair as Oswiler can throw deep and we have a very talented receiving corps.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Well I can say that once Boise State watches the film on #24, our right cornerback, they are going to mercilessly put up at least 4-5 touchdown passes on his side alone.

I anticipate a high scoring affair as Oswiler can throw deep and we have a very talented receiving corps.

We've got our 2 best and starting corners out with injuries, so our secondary is really young. Not worried about Moore and the offense scoring against ASU.

Boise's Main concerns are the kicking game and the secondary.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've got our 2 best and starting corners out with injuries, so our secondary is really young. Not worried about Moore and the offense scoring against ASU.

Boise's Main concerns are the kicking game and the secondary.

Boise State deserves a better opponent and ASU deserves a lesser opponent. This sort of reminds me of when ASU was in the WAC. They had some great teams but never got the recognition they deserved.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Boise State deserves a better opponent and ASU deserves a lesser opponent. This sort of reminds me of when ASU was in the WAC. They had some great teams but never got the recognition they deserved.

There were reports that we were in for the Sugar bowl this year but B10 commish Delaney didn't want us in and strongarmed the change. We've been dodged by several teams while trying to beef up our non conference schedule, and the BCS has passed up on Boise when they didn't HAVE to take them. Remember the one year they put us against TCU in a bowl game?

I wish college football was less of a debate or brand recognition. If it would be settled on the field, there would be no doubt who can play with who.

As far as the bowl game, I think Boise will come out ready. the senior class is going for win #50, so they will want to get that. I think ASU will be fired up for this one, so we'll see how it goes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were reports that we were in for the Sugar bowl this year but B10 commish Delaney didn't want us in and strongarmed the change. We've been dodged by several teams while trying to beef up our non conference schedule, and the BCS has passed up on Boise when they didn't HAVE to take them. Remember the one year they put us against TCU in a bowl game?

I wish college football was less of a debate or brand recognition. If it would be settled on the field, there would be no doubt who can play with who.

As far as the bowl game, I think Boise will come out ready. the senior class is going for win #50, so they will want to get that. I think ASU will be fired up for this one, so we'll see how it goes.

I think Boise State has a good lawsuit about the BCS being a monopoly or whatever.

Take it easy on the Sun Devils. The only way they can win is to score a lot of points. I don't think they can keep up with Boise State. Personally I would love to play a team like Boise State in the regular season. What's the shame in losing to a good team.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Just got back from Vegas.

I put $20.00 on Boise State beating ASU by more than 14 points.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz