Veteran's Day

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
A salute indeed to all the veterans: past, present and future. And a special salute to Pat Tillman---who did every damn thing to do his part.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To ALL who...

have kept me FREE!

A VERY LOUD AND HEART-FELT, THANK-YOU!

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE!

MARK IN SC :)

A man with many things in life to be thankful for. :)

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because of our Vets....we are able to enjoy the finer things in life...like our beloved Cardinals!......THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!! :thewave:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

As a disabled vet myself I love to take time and reflect on my time in the military. And my father's time in Vietnam. And my wife's grandfather as he floated up and down the South Pacific during WWII.

Ask them to tell you stories. I am fascinated every time.

I tip my beer to all of you who have served. Bless you. Bless you all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Same appreciation for all Vets from myself (a Vet). Today and on Memorial Day, as well a many other days, I often remember the too many service members who did not return. May they rest in peace and never be forgotten.

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
So why is it cool to be a vet?

Throughout my career (going back to 1991) I've had the opportunity to live in 9 states and visit 47 of them (including Hawaii and Alaska) while riding 17 different ships, flying 5 different types of aircraft, and occasionally relocating across the country with my wife and 3 kids. I've had more technical, business, and leadership training than you could imagine, I've picked up an engineering undergrad degree then a masters in physics. My health care has been off the charts - they "force" us to go to dental and get flu shots. As much as I loath the semi-annual fat-test and push-up/sit-up/running tests they are good for me because they make me pay attention to physical fitness. Promotions have been good, and the prospect of more promotions looks promising. I own a home!

I don't think any veteran in any era has ever had so many people "thank me for my service," shake my hand, or offered assistance to my family in one way or another.

I've had some tough times - family separations, missing holidays and milestones in the kids lives, September 16, 2013, and some others. But when weighed against everything else that I get from the military - pride in service, a sense of accomplishment, all of the aforementioned benefits - I ocnsider myself lucky to be
a vet in today's US armed forces.

Please keep doing what you do.... We have an amazing country full of rich, diverse cultures, opportunities that abound, and a system that enables change, when we need to make a change. You keep doing what you do and I'll keep standing my watch to try and make sure no one slows you down.

Go Cards!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn