Santos-Henrique-da Silva-Alves

Lucas-Ramires

Carlos Eduardo-Robinho-Pato

Neymar

U-S-A!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
...and Findley starts again. What a joke. Edson Buddle still rots on the bench!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
...and Findley starts again. What a joke. Edson Buddle still rots on the bench!

Buddle starts Findley sits...

USA LINEUP: Howard; Spector, Bocanegra, Gonzalez, Bornstein; Bedoya, Bradley, Edu, Feilhaber; Donovan, Buddle. Subs: Guzan, Cherundolo, Goodson, Kljestan, Findley, Gomez, Altidore.

Omar Gonzalez makes his US Nat debut :thumbup:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen more terrible passes by Brazil in the first three minutes here than in any full game of theirs I've ever watched. I know its something of a B team for them but dang.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Overrated bc of his height. He couldn't crack the Chivas U17 team, no clue what hes doing here tonight. :shrug:

I had no idea he was at Chivas U17 kinda strange considering they only take Mexican Nationals and he was a US U17 already. He also was a U20 National team player and an All American in college and MLS Rookie of the Year.

maybe you are confusing him with 16 yr old Omar Salgado.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
What really sucks is that Adu was better than Pato when they met in the U20 WC...Pato continued to get better and Adu hit a wall, very sad.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Kljestan and Bedoya are the king of giveaways tonight.

They're not the only ones. Edu and Bradley gave away a ton of balls.

Watching that game, you see the Brazilian midfielders attacking the US players with the ball, but you don't see any of that for the Americans. It was embarrassing and a disgrace to see so many players looking like they didn't care. I know it's a friendly, but if the purpose is to give the fans something to enjoy, they failed miserably--like most games on American soil that Bob Bradley coaches.

Sadly, I thought the best players on the pitch for us were probably Feilhaber, Omar Gonzalez, Bocanegra, Bradley (other than his many giveaways), Donovan and (big surprise) Jozy. Bornstein and Spector were awful. Spector especially was getting beat every single time he was attacked. I don't know much about Bedoya, but he didn't look like he belonged on the US senior team, let alone start for it.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What really sucks is that Adu was better than Pato when they met in the U20 WC...Pato continued to get better and Adu hit a wall, very sad.

You must be registered for see images

compared to:
You must be registered for see images

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
They're not the only ones. Edu and Bradley gave away a ton of balls.

Watching that game, you see the Brazilian midfielders attacking the US players with the ball, but you don't see any of that for the Americans. It was embarrassing and a disgrace to see so many players looking like they didn't care. I know it's a friendly, but if the purpose is to give the fans something to enjoy, they failed miserably--like most games on American soil that Bob Bradley coaches.

Sadly, I thought the best players on the pitch for us were probably Feilhaber, Omar Gonzalez, Bocanegra, Bradley (other than his many giveaways), Donovan and (big surprise) Jozy. Bornstein and Spector were awful. Spector especially was getting beat every single time he was attacked. I don't know much about Bedoya, but he didn't look like he belonged on the US senior team, let alone start for it.

Michael Bradley did give balls away but not at the rate of Kljestan & Bedoya. I kinda forgive him because he did cut off countless passes as well.

I thought Guzan played very well and it gives me faith if Howard were to miss some games.

Gonzalez played well too, not perfect but really good for a guy making his first start for the National team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Michael Bradley did give balls away but not at the rate of Kljestan & Bedoya. I kinda forgive him because he did cut off countless passes as well.

I thought Guzan played very well and it gives me faith if Howard were to miss some games.

Gonzalez played well too, not perfect but really good for a guy making his first start for the National team.

And Bradley surprisingly gave Omar a full 90. Didn't expect that. Although I guess the question is who would he have subbed in for him?