USA Hockey

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The men's team beat Canada and is undefeated headed for the quarterfinals.

The women's team, like Canada, is kicking the crap outta everyone. Women are playing for the gold.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The men's team beat Canada and is undefeated headed for the quarterfinals.

The women's team, like Canada, is kicking the crap outta everyone. Women are playing for the gold.

The coach of the women's team is none other than The Miracle on Ice hero, Mark Johnson! Very cool!

:thumbup:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The opening round couldn't have come out any better than the US. Canada, Russia, and Sweden are all on the other side of the bracket, so they'd only have to play a maximum of one of them (in the gold medal game, if they get that far). Considering that those are arguably the three most talented teams on paper in the tournament, the US winning the top seed into the quarterfinals is huge. They will play the winner of Switzerland/Belarus on Wednesday (they will either way be heavily favored and have already beat Switzerland in the opener), and if they win that they will probably face either the Czech Republic or Finland in the semifinals. I think they are at least as good as either of those two, so the US really does have a legitimate chance of playing for a gold medal.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am not in to hockey but I watched every minute of the game against Canada. I really get in to Int'l team competitions and its great to see our country do so well.

I hope they continue to play such an entertaining style...its fun to watch.

I hear with the lopsided wins that are happening on the womens hockey side might make the Olympic commitee abandon the sport.