UofA Hoops 2021-2022 - Ushering In the Tommy Lloyd Era

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
That game would’ve been much different had Illinois not gone Sam ******* Dekker on us in the second half. Was really good to see this team have some toughness and return the blows after getting sucker punched with a 19-0 run in the firstn

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
BTW - Mathurin should be a top-5 pick, even if he isn’t. Dude’s offense game looks about as well-rounded as you can ask for from a perimeter player

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
BTW - Mathurin should be a top-5 pick, even if he isn’t. Dude’s offense game looks about as well-rounded as you can ask for from a perimeter player

There’s probably a better chance they lose more starters than they keep. I’m not sure Koloko’s stock can get any higher and there’s always been rumblings about Tubelis going pro.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There’s probably a better chance they lose more starters than they keep. I’m not sure Koloko’s stock can get any higher and there’s always been rumblings about Tubelis going pro.
Lloyd is going to have to hit transfer portal hard until he can get recruiting going again.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I’d bet money that Koloko, Benn, and Tubelis are all gone. We only have one signed recruit for 2022. Makes things tough for next season. However, I’d imagine that the sales pitch has gotten much easier with how ARIZONA has started

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lloyd is going to have to hit transfer portal hard until he can get recruiting going again.

I’d bet money that Koloko, Benn, and Tubelis are all gone. We only have one signed recruit for 2022. Makes things tough for next season. However, I’d imagine that the sales pitch has gotten much easier with how ARIZONA has started

Need one of the front court guys back and a transfer wing. After the IARP stuff recruiting should be fine. There’s some differences but Auburn just got their punishment and it wasn’t bad. Might’ve been worse than AZ because they still have Pearl.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Quietly, I feel more comfortable about UofA hoops than the Cards and Suns.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quietly, I feel more comfortable about UofA hoops than the Cards and Suns.
It depends on what your hopes and expectations are. For the Cards and Suns, most of us are hoping, and some even expecting, that we will win the final game and finally get a championship.

For the Wildcats, the expectations are rising but preseason few people envisioned they'd ever see the top 10 this season. So, from that standpoint I can see a fan feeling better about them. Regardless, I think, when compared to the field, the Suns are the best of the three though I wouldn't make any of them the favorite to win it all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It depends on what your hopes and expectations are. For the Cards and Suns, most of us are hoping, and some even expecting, that we will win the final game and finally get a championship.

For the Wildcats, the expectations are rising but preseason few people envisioned they'd ever see the top 10 this season. So, from that standpoint I can see a fan feeling better about them. Regardless, I think, when compared to the field, the Suns are the best of the three though I wouldn't make any of them the favorite to win it all.
I’d agree with all this. Also, it’s easier to feel better about a team that hasn’t lost yet. This cats team is good, but it certainly won’t go undefeated.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not looking good for the game on the 30th. Jaylen Clark on youtube said they're in total lockdown and not practicing and they hope to be done 28th or 29th which would mean no practices or any team stuff in 2 weeks so they clearly wouldn't play on the 30th against Arizona.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not looking good for the game on the 30th. Jaylen Clark on youtube said they're in total lockdown and not practicing and they hope to be done 28th or 29th which would mean no practices or any team stuff in 2 weeks so they clearly wouldn't play on the 30th against Arizona.
I wonder if the UofA can get a win due to forfeit?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the UofA can get a win due to forfeit?

the assumption is the schools will try to find an alternate date to play but I think yes it IS possible that UA could wind up with a forfeit. Note USC is in a similar situation although not clear if they are in total lockdown yet. If they are they could have to change the game too or forfeit.

Apparently UA women cancelled a game due to Covid but the mens team seems good so far they're supposed to play Tennessee soon.

Arizona has a large advantage here the rules in ARizona are much less strict than in California, both UCLA and USC would still be open and playing in arizona but in California and LA County they have much stricter quarantine rules so they both had to shut down. The hope is both LA schools get it out of the way now so they don't have to deal with it later on after they come out of their bubble.

Was looking forward to that game but seems unlikely to happen on schedule now

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Dammit was thinking about attending

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys got hosed serious home cooking by the refs

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI the folks on BRO seem to think UCLA will play Arizona on the 30th unless the Pac 12 bends Arizona's arm into rescheduling that and USC.

Sounds like practice should start again on the 27th and BRO guys suspect UA won't agree to postpone the game unless the pac 12 makes them. The primary reason being UA wants 2 games against ranked teams on their schedule for the tournament seed and obviously they would be concerned the games won't be rescheduled because maybe Arizona would have a Covid issue themselves later on.

DesertDevil

Reaction score
Fun one to watch. Almost dug yourselves out of a huge hole/adversity to steal a road W.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Lucky to even be in the game towards the end. That officiating was awful. Multiple neutral media people are saying the same thing, so I’m not just being a homer

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucky to even be in the game towards the end. That officiating was awful. Multiple neutral media people are saying the same thing, so I’m not just being a homer

Late in the game Mathurin was trying to foul to stop the clock and make Tenn shoot FT's and the ref wouldn't call the foul until he fouled REALLY hard. Then it almost looked like the ref was going to call a T on him. Just terrible.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The TO on Kerr was a joke. The entire starting five almost fouled out of the game. It was like the refs had money on the game.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
National Columnist Dan Wolken:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah the officiating was terrible but tubelis playing poorly didn’t help. Not Arizona’s best game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose