Under the radar topic - Defense vs TE

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have gone from the worst to one of the best vs TE's
Great observation! I was planning to post something similar.

Based on my fantasy football league's scoring system, the Cardinals D is middle of the pack vs. every other position, but they're ranked #5 vs. TEs.

...dave

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Another poster said yesterday that our defense is better at stopping 3rd & 2 than 3rd & 22. Although sad, it's so true but funny none the less. I tried to be funny right back saying "or 3rd & 29". Exactly what happened Sunday to a degree. They got 23 yards on 3rd down, went for it on 4th & 6 & converted it.

All that said, our defense hasn't been destroyed by the TE position this year like 2019. Keim did sign & draft the help we needed there. Our 3rd down defense was horrible on Sunday though, glad we stopped them in the end zone. We seem to always give up drives right before the half, I hope VJ figures out a way to stop that? It's a big concern because if you can't stop them before the half ends, then they get the ball to start the 2nd half & score.............? Big momentum swing & if we get behind KK will probably go back to running all 10 personnel.