Under Steve Keim, there hasn’t been a trench player drafted in the first two rounds since 2015

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, it was 2016.

Still a very long damn time.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
well last year he traded the pick so thats only 5 drafts. I dont think its out of this world reckless to not have drafted a trench player first round in 5 drafts is it?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well last year he traded the pick so thats only 5 drafts. I dont think its out of this world reckless to not have drafted a trench player first round in 5 drafts is it?
If I was a GM, I would only draft DL, OL, EDGE, CB in the first / second round unless a can't miss QB pops in there.

LBs, Safety, WR, RB, TE can be had 3+.

Build yourself an impenetrable/bull dozing OL and an assaulting DL/EDGE and you'll win more games than you lose.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I was a GM, I would only draft DL, OL, EDGE, CB in the first / second round unless a can't miss QB pops in there.

Build yourself an impenetrable/bull dozing OL and an assaulting DL/EDGE and you'll win more games than you lose.
Some WR's are definitely worth in 1st/2nd, especially these days.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I would add WR in that first group.

Nowadays, you need two playmaking WRs to put you over the top.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The defensive front is probably the biggest surprise. He has tried to throw money at OL and DL and neither has worked to the degree they needed to. The middle round drafting of DL/OL/WR has yielded very little.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've said this before and been hammered relentlessly, but Rod Graves (Aka the human snail) was a better GM. He put together our SB roster in 08. People often say Denny Green built that roster, but the fact is Graves was the GM. Keim was elevated after the Levi Brown pick over Adrian Peterson and was promoted to GM later (I won't relitigate this on the forum as there's tons of articles on it). I still contend Graves was right. If you draft AP you probably don't get Boldin and never get a Fitz. That roster was great. On offense we had weapons with Warner, Fitz, Boldin, Edge, and an average line even with Levi. On D we had Adub, Dockett, Rolle, DRC, etc a ton of role players and solid depth. That is how you build a roster and go to the SB. Our current roster is laughable compared to what we had before.

Keim is complete trash. To give him credibility because he wanted AP has proven, in my opinion, to be wrong anyway. AP didn't win anything, with better teams than the Cardinals.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading the pick doesn't matter. He still didn't use the pick to acquire an offensive or defensive lineman.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said this before and been hammered relentlessly, but Rod Graves (Aka the human snail) was a better GM. He put together our SB roster in 08. People often say Denny Green built that roster, but the fact is Graves was the GM. Keim was elevated after the Levi Brown pick over Adrian Peterson and was promoted to GM later (I won't relitigate this on the forum as there's tons of articles on it). I still contend Graves was right. If you draft AP you probably don't get Boldin and never get a Fitz. That roster was great. On offense we had weapons with Warner, Fitz, Boldin, Edge, and an average line even with Levi. On D we had Adub, Dockett, Rolle, DRC, etc a ton of role players and solid depth. That is how you build a roster and go to the SB. Our current roster is laughable compared to what we had before.

Keim is complete trash. To give him credibility because he wanted AP has proven, in my opinion, to be wrong anyway. AP didn't win anything, with better teams than the Cardinals.
Did you get a debate on this? By whom by chance?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Adrian Peterson was drafted after we already had Fitz and Boldin on the roster. Cost us a Super Bowl.

Not surprised Keim the jackass is revisionist history on that pick. It’s quite common from the idiots over on Hardy. Just last week Kingsbury and Keim were saying how much they loved Kenneth Walker before the draft. Well then why didn’t you trade up a few spots for him instead of picking Trey McBride?

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kurt Warner was the most hit quarterback in the league the year the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
And at the time the Steelers we faced in the SB had the worst offensive line in the NFL.

(Dockett almost had him man)
Dockett had a huge game. He's going to be a name that's forgotten as time goes by, (and the fact that he isn't a Bidwill favorite) but Darnell had a huge impact in terms of making us a legit team. We could really use a guy like him right now.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dockett had a huge game. He's going to be a name that's forgotten as time goes by, (and the fact that he isn't a Bidwill favorite) but Darnell had a huge impact in terms of making us a legit team. We could really use a guy like him right now.
Docket was nasty. We need that.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
A joke that Palmer is in RoH over him.

MB is a spoiled, petulant man baby.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose