UNCENSORED 2024 Draft Thread

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Random old man complaint:

What is it with every scout in the draft room all standing and clapping and looking at the owner or GM when they make their pick?

Across the league it happens -- it looks like North Koreans saluting Dear Leader. So cringy
It’s the culmination of a lot of work for these guys. A lot of it is for the TV product also (they do work in entertainment). But starting with 500 names and landing on these 8-12 probably feels like a big deal.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I love the draft and all the discussion, but seriously:

1. media makes subjective list of ~300 players

2. teams make their own list

joy or sorrow happens when our teams list is different than the media list.

its fun to talk about, but i have a hard time getting too emotionally worked up over 2 vs 1
And the media list doesn't account for scheme or fit.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But all message board dopes do amirite, haha
Personally, I will admit how much I do not know.

Watching a bunch of college players and trying to figure out if they can do it in the NFL is tough.

Add in the complexity that I don't know what traits specifically that the Cardinals are looking for and I haven't met any of these guys personally and don't know their circumstances.

I found it funny watching a bunch of guys that I saw available in round 5-7 on mock draft simulators go in round 3. Delmar Glaze and Trevin (sp?) Wallace immediately come to mind. Delmar Glaze was a crazy one because he was literally a bottom 5 tackle in all of college football last year...and he went round 3!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I preferred Hicks to Taylor-Demerson, but they are two different types of safeties. Fits the mold of athletes we have been taking, and this was about the projected range for him.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I’m shocked TJ Tampa is still on the board.. I thought that might be who we were targeting when we traded down from 35.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know we already picked up a RB but I wouldnt mind us taking WR - Rice and RB - Allen in the 5th... if available of course

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison