UNCENSORED 2024 Draft Thread

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E

Nice to see how low the bar is for you. 3rd round pick playing in the league for years? Way to prove everybody wrong.

Most NFL players don't make it past their first contract. It's why I hate the slotted salaries.

If 50% of our picks so far make it to a second contract with us it is an all time Cardinal great draft

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I wasn’t praising his drafts continually taking often injured guys and small schoolers.

I’m just happy we didn’t blow the Harrison pick. That’s all that really mattered to me. I hope all these picks that look like reaches end up great pulls.
Thats fair as its your opinion. There's nothing wrong with your opinion as long as its yours.

Unfortunately we have a lot of people saying this a bad draft based on what the experts are saying. Its as if Mel Kiper gets nothing wrong.

Monti's plan seems to be taking raw prospects with the idea that our staff will develop. Will it work? :shrug:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ill be honest.

I don't love any of these picks beside Marv. Thank goodness we drafted Marv cause I would hate this draft.

Doesnt matter if I hate it today. It could be amazing in the fall. So I hope thats the case.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Most NFL players don't make it past their first contract. It's why I hate the slotted salaries.

If 50% of our picks so far make it to a second contract with us it is an all time Cardinal great draft
Mason Cole didn't make it to a 2nd contract with us so maybe it wasn't a good pick for us?

What he did after is irrelevant to our draft pick.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
E

Nice to see how low the bar is for you. 3rd round pick playing in the league for years? Way to prove everybody wrong.
We are talking about a 3rd rd pick, right. Any player taken in 3rd round or later who lasts longer than 4 years is a solid pick. Ask anyone who knows the NFL. Pop

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
We are talking about a 3rd rd pick, right. Any player taken in 3rd round or later who lasts longer than 4 years is a solid pick. Ask anyone who knows the NFL. Pop
Read my response to Chris above. You can't take a victory lap on a draft pick if the player doesn't pan out here.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don’t mind multiple corners but a Project TE in the third over another WR/DL is overthinking. Smartest guy syndrome is evident with Monty is some cases tonight. I think he wanted to pad his trade down stats. Gotta think he wanted to trade down from #4 if there were better offers…
I didn’t mind the TE. Thought there were better options than Adams and didn’t like the 2nd CB. I liked Benson and Melton.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Clark 6th
Williams 3rd
Murphy-Bunting
Melton 2nd
Jones 3rd

Seems like a lot of prime resources, a lot of them young, to battle for playing time. It better work.
Monti is literally doing what I would do at CB if I'm not spending high picks...just draft a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round guys with good athletic profiles and let them battle it out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I didn’t mind the TE. Thought there were better options than Adams and didn’t like the 2nd CB. I liked Benson and Melton.
The way I look at some of these OL picks is that the mock draft community doesn't really understand fit.

Adams is supposedly a great fit in the pull game and is an ascending player. Nagy was raving about him this week.

Elijah Jones is a plus athlete who was one of the stingiest CBs in the nation and had five interceptions.

I like the TE the least, but the Cardinals do run a lot of 12 personnel so there is a legitimate need for 3-4 TEs on the roster. McBride and Higgins are great blockers, so you need to find a good blocker and Reiman is that guy.

To me it looks like every guy in this draft class has a specific fit in mind.

Just give me Mo Kamara and I will be happy.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yup!
The average length of a player's career in the National Football League (NFL) is relatively short, with the average career lasting around 3.3 years. The league is considered one of the most physically demanding sports leagues in the world, with players regularly exposed to hard hits and collisions.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I look at some of these OL picks is that the mock draft community doesn't really understand fit.

Adams is supposedly a great fit in the pull game and is an ascending player. Nagy was raving about him this week.

Elijah Jones is a plus athlete who was one of the stingiest CBs in the nation and had five interceptions.

I like the TE the least, but the Cardinals do run a lot of 12 personnel so there is a legitimate need for 3-4 TEs on the roster. McBride and Higgins are great blockers, so you need to find a good blocker and Reiman is that guy.

To me it looks like every guy in this draft class has a specific fit in mind.

Just give me Mo Kamara and I will be happy.

The TE I have no freaking idea. The range of outcomes are from A to F. Huge ceiling and no floor.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
In fact, most people say that it is a poor draft after the 2nd round.

I don’t hear many people saying this. Everything I’ve heard is the third day is gonna be mighty lean.

Unfortunately we have a lot of people saying this a bad draft based on what the experts are saying.

I haven’t seen these people. I don’t even see experts saying we have a bad draft. They’re generally pretty rosy about it.

Clark 6th
Williams 3rd
Murphy-Bunting
Melton 2nd
Jones 3rd

Seems like a lot of prime resources, a lot of them young, to battle for playing time. It better work.

People need to stop thinking Kei’Trel Clark is anything to the Cardinals. He's probably +220 to make the 53. He didn’t play after the team got a good long look at him.

Monti is literally doing what I would do at CB if I'm not spending high picks...just draft a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round guys with good athletic profiles and let them battle it out.

2nd and 3rd round guys are high picks. If we’re not doing much for the pass rush aside from hoping Zaven Collins and Beej get way good, you’re not doing these dudes many favors.

Concentrating assets on one position group makes sense for a more solid team, but our WR room is one high ankle sprain from featuring Zach Pascal again.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Pretty clear strategy with new regime:

We are gonna run over you again and again and again, and just when you think you can’t take anymore, we let our playmakers go to work.

And btw we are filling the defense with guys you won’t like playing against.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
People need to stop thinking Kei’Trel Clark is anything to the Cardinals. He's probably +220 to make the 53. He didn’t play after the team got a good long look at him.
Agree on this point..6th rounders are flyers.
2nd and 3rd round guys are high picks. If we’re not doing much for the pass rush aside from hoping Zaven Collins and Beej get way good, you’re not doing these dudes many favors.
And using a first round pick

And bringing in Justin Jones, but go on.
Concentrating assets on one position group makes sense for a more solid team, but our WR room is one high ankle sprain from featuring Zach Pascal again.
And luckily there are still some solid guys there and post draft FA.

Most NFL teams are a high ankle sprain away from a scrub playing. What a nonsense argument

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The TE I have no freaking idea. The range of outcomes are from A to F. Huge ceiling and no floor.
Reiman is a bit rich for me, but we've seen TEs like him go 2nd-3rd round in recent drafts.

I get the appeal because of how much Petzing seems to like 12 and 13 personnel.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And using a first round pick

And bringing in Justin Jones, but go on.

Justin Jones 3 sacks per year average and a guy who is maybe changing position doesn’t offer much promise for 2024. Let’s be real.

And luckily there are still some solid guys there and post draft FA.

Most NFL teams are a high ankle sprain away from a scrub playing. What a nonsense argument

We’ll see if we bring those in. For now, we can look at the roster as it exists and not assume something happens. Greg Dortch is still our #3 WR with a steep drop off behind him.

Bad NFL teams are a high ankle sprain from a scrub; we haven’t left that territory yet. We’re in that danger at multiple positions.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty clear strategy with new regime:

We are gonna run over you again and again and again, and just when you think you can’t take anymore, we let our playmakers go to work.

And btw we are filling the defense with guys you won’t like playing against.
Unfortunately many see failure because it didn’t fit their expert narative.
I’m going to trust the process and see how things pan out. There were many players rated higher that went later and players that were rated lower that went hire. Why? Because that’s what each GM believed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison