Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...Show-From-NBC-They-Could-Cancel-It-68542.html

Netflix is becoming kind of known for swooping in and rescuing cancelled series, but the situation involving Tina Fey's new comedy Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a bit different, as this half-hour comedy about a doomsday cult escapee wasn't technically cancelled by NBC and hasn't even aired yet. But it's already found a new home and an extra season over at Netflix.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt stars Ellie Kemper as a woman who escapes a doomsday cult and sets out for a new start in New York.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Anyone else loving this show as much as I am? NBC passed on this bit of brilliance and Netflix scooped it up.

For fans of 30 Rock, this is a must watch. Tina Fey and her staff bring the same kind of twisted ridiculousness to this and Ellie Kemper is probably the most watchable female comedian in the game right now.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We watched a few of these before my wife vetoed it. It actually has some very funny episodes. I love the whole "mole women" concept, and how Kimmie tries to use her outdated "cool" slang from years ago that no one even remembers anymore. Her character reminds me a bit of "Mary Richards" from Mary Tyler Moore with a bit more spunk.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone else loving this show as much as I am? NBC passed on this bit of brilliance and Netflix scooped it up.

For fans of 30 Rock, this is a must watch. Tina Fey and her staff bring the same kind of twisted ridiculousness to this and Ellie Kemper is probably the most watchable female comedian in the game right now.
Just watched the whole season in 2 days. LOVE IT.

Ellie Kemper is spot on. This show is as absurd as it is adorable.

Titus kills me too: "What white nonsense is this?" ROFL

Every exchange Kimmy has with the daughter is gold.

"Hey Kimmy; 1996 called it wants its clothes back."

"Hey Xan; 2090 called, you're dead and you wasted your time on earth!"

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is a fun show. I'm on season 2 right now. The writing is clever and there are some real laugh out loud moments.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I loved season 1, for whatever reason season 2 isn't holding my interest as much.

I binge watched season 1 now I will throw on an episode of season 2 when I am bored and nothing else is on. Has it's funny moments still, I am not sure what it is that is lacking to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved season 1, for whatever reason season 2 isn't holding my interest as much.

I binge watched season 1 now I will throw on an episode of season 2 when I am bored and nothing else is on. Has it's funny moments still, I am not sure what it is that is lacking to me.

I was 100% in agreement with you. Got through all of S2 and it gets better, but it doesn't have that same magic season 1 did. That said, Amy Sedaris is beyond hilarious in every scene she's in.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought season 2 started off slow but picked up around episode 5. Not as good as season 1 but still pretty funny.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this show. It’s just fun, pretty clever and it’s an all around good time.

The interactive special is now out and I must say, they executed it pretty well. Such a unique way to watch a good show. Was nice to catch up with these characters again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92