Ugliest OT ever.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone catch the Celtics/Pacers OT?

UGLY.

Tied at 88 after regulation, they played for almost 4 minutes without either team scoring. Then Indiana ran off 5 points in the final 1:04 of OT to defeat the OT-scoreless Celtics 93-88.

New NBA record: 0 points in an OT. Previous record had been 1 point scored.

:thumbup:

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Brian,
I watched that game too. Not a fan of either team so it was fun watching them both struggle to loose. Too bad the Lakers / Minn was not worth watching.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers/T-Wolves game was awesome! :thumbup:

And as a Laker-diehard I was pulling for Indiana (they fit the description of "whichever team is playing Boston").

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Lakers/T-Wolves game was awesome! :thumbup:

And as a Laker-diehard I was pulling for Indiana (they fit the description of "whichever team is playing Boston").

Damn, you mean there are two? I thought Nicholson was the only one.:D

I almost always root against Indiana because of Reggie Miller. He's one of several great players that whines & complains too much. I like the guys who let their playing talk for them. Not that I mind the players talking to the officals..... it's when they are complaining constantly instead of talking.... and I don't mind a good complaint when it's needed - You know what I mean, the kind they give technicials for. At the risk of upsetting a die hard Laker fan, Kobe, perhaps the best player in the NBA, is a top notch complainer, he believes he NEVER fouls and is always fouled when he shoots... Sorry about that, but that's the way I see it.

That could be an interesting topic for discussion - great players that complain too much and the officials reactions. It makes me smile just thinking about it. Wallace doesn't dare open his mouth, Malone gets that kindergarten look like the other little boy stole his toy.... and it goes on & on.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
i was thinking th same thing about kobe the other night....he seriously ******* a lot, it gets kind of annoying. it sems like this season he has picked it up a lot more, especially in this series with the Twolves I always see him make faces and argue with the officials

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Karl Malone has got to be the worst. It's one thing when the call is questionable, but I've seen him absolutely manhandle people and rip into the officials. It's unbelievable. David Robinson's done it a couple times in this series with the Suns also.

Joe Mama

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
:thumbup:
Brian, It stands to reason you'd like this, and unfortunately, it makes a lot of sense. Most of us are tired of the damn Yankees... oops - wrong sport:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard