UDFA- signings

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He has a congenital spine neck problem, wasn't a injury, he went through a particular surgery, previously they said he could risk his life playing
He didn't quit, he wanted to play football again but i guess teams don't want this risk
The injury is what led to the discovery. Which still buttresses my point.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is a veteran wr u would sign to replace Hopkins?
I can think about Jarvis Landry

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Payton wr from Tennessee Darrell Baker jr and the Colorado Dt may have a good chance to make the team

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinals agree to terms with 12 college free agents

The Cardinals announced the signings of 12 undrafted free agents Monday.

They include Virginia Tech receiver Changa Hodge, who injured his ACL during spring ball last year and appeared in only five games. In 2019 at Villanova, Hodge caught 65 receptions for 1,118 yards and 13 touchdowns.

The Cardinals drafted his former Virginia Tech teammate, offensive lineman Lecitus Smith, in the sixth round.

Arizona also signed Oklahoma defensive lineman LaRon Stokes, who appeared in 32 games with 15 starts and totaled 35 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks with the Sooners.

The Cardinals’ other signees were Georgia Southern cornerback Darrell Baker Jr., Colorado State defensive lineman Manny Jones, Boise State safety Kekaula Kaniho, LSU receiver Jontre Kirklin, Central Methodist defensive lineman Will Miles, Tennessee receiver JaVonta Payton, Vanderbilt tight end Chris Pierce Jr., Fresno State running back Ronnie Rivers, Northwestern receiver Stephon Robinson Jr. and Auburn linebacker Chandler Wooten.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Okay maybe, but just maybe they found someone. LaRon Stokes won’t hit you with big game numbers but his Pro Day says there’s unlocked potential. He would have placed well at the Combine. My Texas friends say he would have started at OK had he stayed in school.
He was stuck behind 2 incumbent players and most coaches choose the known quantity. He was outstanding when he got on the field. In 2019 he was the Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year. He got injured then sick and never could get any momentum. If he’s matured, he’s fast (4.79), agile, strong (23reps) and gets off the snap with good burst

This time the Cards may have got it right.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I base it on if they have any chance to make the roster. There were good folks out there but these 3 will not contribute. They just camp bodies. I don’t like teams bringing in guys with no chance, it’s deceptive.

There is one interesting guy on this longer list. JaVonta Payton. I only saw him once but he’s very quick. The problem is he was rarely targeted by any team he played for after JUCO. I don’t understand why the Cards didn’t do better. The early picks indicated the draft was well scouted. I guess they didn’t want to pay for long shots. I know picks at this level rarely contribute, but this was an inordinately poor effort.

probably too harsh a word for them but not for the Cards for the first 3 signed
JaVonta sighting, nice over the shoulder catch with late hands on a Kyler throw. I just read he played for Mike Leach at MS State before TN.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, we all like to hate on Andy but, yes, we have. Barring injury, Isabella will make the team. This kid won’t.
I know, just wanted to hate on Andy a bit more.

I just noticed in this picture that Andy didn't look through ball in. Those eyes are looking at the jumbo tron or something.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know, just wanted to hate on Andy a bit more.

I just noticed in this picture that Andy didn't look through ball in. Those eyes are looking at the jumbo tron or something.
You’d think that considering he gets like 3 balls thrown his way a year tgat he’d value that and never want to look away from the ball but….

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaVonta sighting, nice over the shoulder catch with late hands on a Kyler throw. I just read he played for Mike Leach at MS State before TN.

I watched some highlights of him and the kid has good hands and can flat out fly. Looks much faster than his 4.45 forty time:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard