Tyrese Haliburton

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going through the draft prospects I have mostly stayed away from point guards, shooting guards and small forwards. The reason, there are not many players in this category that are real exciting that will be around if the Suns draft at #10. Also the Suns appear set at small forward.

I suspect LaMelo Ball, Killian Hayes and Tyrese Haliburton will be gone when the Suns draft. If I were going to pick a guard I wish were there it would be Tyrese Haliburton.

Haliburton is a 20.09 year guard from Iowa State. He is 6'5" and weighs 175 pounds. He is a guard the Suns can groom behind Rubio. Haliburton can probably play both guard positions.

A fractured left wrist could cause him to fall.

Tankathon reports his stats per game at 15.2 points, 6.5 assists and 2.8 turnovers on .504 shooting.

This is how NBA Draft Room describes him at the link below.

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/tyrese-haliburton.html

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some video on Tyrese Haliburton.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I currently have him #6 on my BPA Big Board (but #3 on who I'd want most). He'd be a decent steal at #10, even in a draft this lousy. Even with all his quirks, he is highly productive. I absolutely love guys who give 100% on every single play. He comps well with Lonzo Ball, but I'd much rather have Tyrese than Lonzo coming out of college.

He also reportedly has monstrous arm length. I think it's close to 7 feet. That would be +7!!! He could end up being a stud on both ends.

Problem is we'll be fighting the Knicks and Bulls for him and they have the edge. I don't see how he gets past both of them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like Haliburton and hope he falls to the Suns or the Suns can move up to take him. I could see him as more of a complete PG version of Malcolm Brogdon. I think he can play SG but he has the potential to be a top PG and that should be where he's played and developed as.

I know Brogdon is listed as a PG, primarily, but he's pretty close to being the best example of a combo guard in the NBA right now. He can play both spots well but doesn't really excel at either. He got paid and could be a top 3 player on a contender but I'm not sure if Haliburton has that sort of ceiling. I don't know if Haliburton will be able to be as complete of a player but I could still see him as the starting PG on a contender, which is pretty close to top 3 on a contender and better than what we have currently.

Haliburton plays smart and hard, which is good, and I think he could become a good defender on the right team with the right players and coaches around him. I could see guys like Mikal and Kelly pushing him and him taking to Monty's coaching. He has the physical tools to be a good defender at the next level, I hope he can get there if the Suns can land him.

Of all of the players mentioned so far, Haliburton is the only one who excites me some. I know he probably wouldn't start at the beginning of the year but that's ok. Let him be the first guard off the bench and learn from Rubio throughout his rookie year. Re-evaluate his development at the end of the season and go from there. Hopefully the Suns could make a nice playoff run though with Rubio and Haliburton as the PG's.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I have him as PG number 1 on my board I'd be very happy with him as the pick , having two point guards is something they haven't had in awhile and they do desperately need a guy to run the floor when the bench is out there

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like him a lot. I'm not sure about his fit with us but I think he will likely be a top 3 player from this class.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As long as we can get a viable power forward through other means, I am all for selecting Haliburton.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose