Try this: Draft with the Cardinals

dbcard74

Reaction score
Trying to predict who the Cardinals will take in all seven rounds, as a few on this board have tried over the past few weeks, is fun, but the obvious downside is that it's just a shot in the dark, because there's no way to know who will be available.

So here's a fun way to watch the draft this weekend and test your knowledge at the same time: Draft right along with the Cardinals. When they're on the clock, you're on the clock. Make your pick from the available players, write it down so you can keep track, and then save the list. Or better yet, post it on this board Monday so everyone will know who you would have picked. Then at the end of the season, check your list and see how you did. If you drafted three starters, you did good.

I tried this two years ago and did lousy. Because the Cardinals needed a DT, I picked Gerard Warren instead of Leonard Davis. We know how that turned out. I did OK in the second round with Shaun Rogers, although I hear he is going backwards after looking like a star his rookie year. I later picked the kind of 'sleeper' everybody likes, CB Liggarius Jennings, who is apparently still snoozing. Because the Cards needed a TE, I picked Arthur Love, who was getting some good press, in the fifth or sixth round. He is a backup, I think. The others were duds.

Anyway, it's a fun way to watch the draft. And when you look at your list in January, it will probably be a real eye-opener.