True Detective: Season 4 (HBO)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘True Detective’: HBO In Talks With Writers For Fourth Season, Keen To Find New Voices For Dark Crime Series

https://deadline.com/2021/02/true-detective-hbo-in-talks-writers-season-4-new-voices-1234691756/

A fourth iteration of True Detective may well be on the cards with HBO in talks with new writers to bring the dark crime series back.

The show, which was created and written by Nic Pizzolatto, ran for three seasons between 2014 and 2019.

Casey Bloys, chief content officer at HBO and HBO Max, told Deadline that it was hopeful of finding a new way in to the story.

“It’s safe to say we’re working with a couple of writers to find the right tone and take. It’s definitely an area that could be very interesting and I think it would be interesting with a new voice. Quality is what’s going to guide us so if we end up with scripts that we don’t feel are representative or are not at a high enough quality, we’re not going to do something just to do it,” he said.

Although Bloys wouldn’t comment, there has been speculation that Lucia Puenzo, who co-created buzzy Argentinean drama Cromo, and Euphoria creator Sam Levinson were among those that have been developing a new take on the series.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Season 3 was pretty solid. Didn’t come close to season one, but that was because season one was truly great and season 3 was just good.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I just started season one. Great thus far.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Season 3 was pretty solid. Didn’t come close to season one, but that was because season one was truly great and season 3 was just good.
Agree with that. Season 3 was a solid 'watch once' season.

Season 1 eminently re-watchable. Another level.

I didn't get into Season 2. Just didn't grab me at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave