Trade down. Cat bird seat?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see 5 teams will be interested in getting a QB. There are 2 or 3 QB’s being considered a first round pick.
At #2, Houston seems certain to take a QB.
At #4, the Colts seem to be in the same situation.
If the Falcons or Titans have their eye on a QB the most logical trade partner would be us so as to jump over the Colts. In fact Colts could offer a trade ( which would be awesome!) to get their guy at pick #3.

This will all shape up as we get to the combine and personal tryouts. We could be in a very good place.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am sure we will field offers.

Best case scenario is Carolina trades up to 1 putting Chicago at 9.

Houston takes a QB at 2.

Indy panics because LV wats to trade up and we move down one spot and acquire a 3rd. Still get our choice of defensive players.

Have to wonder where Derek Carr goes as that could change things up.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see 5 teams will be interested in getting a QB. There are 2 or 3 QB’s being considered a first round pick.
At #2, Houston seems certain to take a QB.
At #4, the Colts seem to be in the same situation.
If the Falcons or Titans have their eye on a QB the most logical trade partner would be us so as to jump over the Colts. In fact Colts could offer a trade ( which would be awesome!) to get their guy at pick #3.

This will all shape up as we get to the combine and personal tryouts. We could be in a very good place.
Depends on how good a talent-evaluator you have in your FO. You could trade for a bunch of picks only to choose a pile of garbage.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Houston takes a QB at 2.

Indy panics because LV wats to trade up and we move down one spot and acquire a 3rd. Still get our choice of defensive players.

He’s gotta go somewhere that’s close/needs a legit backup for a fragile/emerging starter, right? You’re not building anything with Derek Carr.

Miami, NY Jets, Seattle, New Orleans, Chicago, Tennessee… then maybe Carolina if they think they can do the Indy/Reich thing?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

Houston takes a QB at 2.

If Indy’s going to panic they trade with Chicago. Bears get what they want. It would take a big offer for the Bears to drop to 9

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Houston takes a QB at 2.

I'm gonna throw out the Giants and Daboll.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He’s gotta go somewhere that’s close/needs a legit backup for a fragile/emerging starter, right? You’re not building anything with Derek Carr.

Miami, NY Jets, Seattle, New Orleans, Chicago, Tennessee… then maybe Carolina if they think they can do the Indy/Reich thing?
I could see him in Seattle.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
we could be surprised if Carter is available and we don't want him, there may be teams who covet him enough to trade up for him. Though they might wonder why we, needing dline help, would pass on him.

Last edited:

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
I think we have to hope the Colts don't panic and try to jump up to number 1. That is the only trade partner I'd be 100% behind as it would ensure we'd still get one of the top 2 defenders and pick up an extra second round pick (prob have to swap 3's to make that work). If we drop behind Seattle/Detroit one of them will definitely take Carter if he is still on the board and I really don't want him in a Seahawks uniform blowing up our qb's for the next 10 years. I think in an ideal scenario we package our #2 as comp for Payton and then regain it with a Colts trade. The chances of that are happening are .000001% but as a Cards fan I'm prob on the same level as Dumb and Dumber so you're telling me there's a chance.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I can see the new coach taking a QB in a later round for sure, no way they take a QB with the 3rd pick.
Don't be so sure. Keim wanted Josh Allen, Mahomes. That's the only pick. No draft strategy is going to fix until they have a quarterback. It'll be futile unless they get a stud qb.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't be so sure. Keim wanted Josh Allen, Mahomes.
The only coach I could see trying to draft a QB would be Payton if he didn't think Kyler could learn his offense or be the same player as 19-21. No way Michael would let any other coach draft over the QB he paid that type of money for imo. But this talk is insane, not gonna happen.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
There's outs like beginning 2024..Groom him to take over after another failure despite that. I decided I will not follow them if they hire AW, Harris, VJ so it really doesn't matter. Dysfunctional franchise

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
we could be surprised if Carter is available and we don't want him, there may be teams we covet him enough to trade up for him. Though they might wonder why we, needing dline help, would pass on him.
They already have offers for the pick I bet. Likely the “check with us before you pick” type.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose