Tonight we find out if Murray

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Kyler will never win a big game in his life and neither will kliff, I can’t watch this sorry excuse of a team. What I wouldn’t give to get Flores here.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this game doesn't Jake Delhomme Kyler.

BigCardsFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We need a Bruce Arians type QB

Arians has an image of what the perfect NFL QB looks like. In his book he wrote "It's something you cannot see. He must have a big lion's heart, a heart that beats for an entire franchise." Arians says heart is exhibited when a quarterback plays through pain, when he smashes into a 320-pound defensive linemen on third down to gain six extra inches for the first down. Or when he throws a pick and runs forty yards down field to make a tackle. What he calls "grit" is a must-have ability to make the dozens of decisions that need to be made in the twenty-five seconds the quarterback walks on the line of scrimmage and scans the defense to when the play is over.

On the practice field Arians is known to spend most of the time with his quarterbacks reviewing what transpires during the three to four seconds of a basic pass play. He believes the first thing the quarterback has to understand is his protection, because the defense can always blitz one more guy than your linemen can block. Because of this the quarterback has to look and read what will be coming from the opposing defense.[8]

A primary reason Arians is known as a quarterback whisperer is the special relationship he has had with all of his quarterbacks as well as the production he has gotten out of them. "My quarterbacks have to be a member of my family, and that has nothing to do with football," he says. "Trust is everything. We have to connect on a deep level in order to really be able to build something together. Trust brings a higher level of communication and a higher level of commitment and accountability. We have to care for one another. It's all about family, family, family."[9] While being a caring coach, Arians is also known to be a hard coach on his quarterbacks. When Peyton Manning had a bad game the first time he faced the Patriots his rookie year—he threw three interceptions midway through the fourth quarter of the game—he was so frustrated he begged Arians, who at the time was the team's quarterback coach, to be pulled. Arians responded by saying "F--k no. Get back in there. We'll go no-huddle, and maybe you'll learn something."[9] While Arians has this hard style of coaching, his former quarterbacks have always had the utmost respect for him and attribute him as a big factor in their success.

Arians is known to socialize with players more than most NFL coaches. After Cardinals home games he was known to pull his car up. The trunk would be open and he would be handing out drinks to his players. He writes "If a player had a bad game, I'm going to give him a beer and big sincere hug. If a player had a great game, I'm going to give him a beer and a big sincere hug.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson