Tom Chambers charged in assault

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not all heroes wear capes. Well done, Chambers!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I met the Suns back in '88 i think it was. At the Spaghetti Co in Tempe. They were all cool except for Chambers.

Having said that, i have no sympathy for poo talking young adults. You ought to be able to legally bring your fists to a smack talk fight.

JMO

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't have much sympathy for participants in drunken brawls. I have a fondness for the drink, and I'm a night owl and a social beast... but even drunk, I find avoiding fights and diffusing conflict easy and I've been in such situations numerous occasions. They're harder to avoid if a female is the basis... but from the accounts this was not the case.

Chambers should know better and this young idiot needs to learn... it is hard to sympathize with either, given what little info we're going with, but I would guess that this "case" wouldn't go beyond "I took on a dude twice my size" if not for that Chambers is somewhat of a celebrity.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I met the Suns back in '88 i think it was. At the Spaghetti Co in Tempe. They were all cool except for Chambers.

Having said that, i have no sympathy for **** talking young adults. You ought to be able to legally bring your fists to a smack talk fight.

JMO

I miss the Spaghetti Co in Tempe. When I lived in the area I used to regularly visit it before football games.

In regard to Chambers, I saw him in a retail store when he was still a player. I could have easily talked to him but I chose not too. I am a huge Suns fan and I didn't want to chance a bad experience. Conversely I have had pleasant chats with Cotton Fitzsimmons, Jeff Hornacek, Kevin Johnson and other Suns players.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guy was probably looking for a lawsuit against TC for $

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I miss the Spaghetti Co in Tempe. When I lived in the area I used to regularly visit it before football games.

In regard to Chambers, I saw him in a retail store when he was still a player. I could have easily talked to him but I chose not too. I am a huge Suns fan and I didn't want to chance a bad experience. Conversely I have had pleasant chats with Cotton Fitzsimmons, Jeff Hornacek, Kevin Johnson and other Suns players.

I saw KJ at a circle K back in the day when he played. Never approached him either. Seen Barkley a couple times ...he hit on my woman as a matter of fact when she asked for his autograph at PF Chang's ...I wasn't there of course! Chuck you sly dawg ...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw KJ at a circle K back in the day when he played. Never approached him either. Seen Barkley a couple times ...he hit on my woman as a matter of fact when she asked for his autograph at PF Chang's ...I wasn't there of course! Chuck you sly dawg ...:rolleyes:

Sometimes it's just better not to know. LOL

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

A good friend of mine has had a couple encounters with Chambers and he was always a great guy to him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine has had a couple encounters with Chambers and he was always a great guy to him.

This is good to hear. Everything we hear about a person is not true. Sometimes we only hear the bad experiences. Fans can be rude even if they do not realize it.

Chambers is my favorite Suns personality on television. He tells it the way it is because he doesn't sugar coat everything. I like his blunt perspective. His views are refreshing.

Superbone

Reaction score
This is good to hear. Everything we hear about a person is not true. Sometimes we only hear the bad experiences. Fans can be rude even if they do not realize it.

Chambers is my favorite Suns personality on television. He tells it the way it is because he doesn't sugar coat everything. I like his blunt perspective. His views are refreshing.
Yeah, he and EJ are currently my favorite two Suns personalities.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I love EJ. Funny and warm guy. He and Albert had some nice dry exchanges.
Annie put Steve Albert in his place many times, also. Especially when he was in the dark as to what was happening on the court and rambling on with his antiquated New York "humor".

When she had to cover for EJ, she could pull rank on Albert when the Suns named her Vice President, as well as her similar position with the Mercury.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Barkley has been nice the times I interacted with him up at Lake Tahoe. The Matrix was great to my son one time. Haven't really met any bad acting Suns that I can think of.

Actually had a good talk with Jason Kidd now that I remember it.

I actually don't think I ever met a Suns player I thought was a real dick.

Last edited:

Superbone

Reaction score
Met KJ once at a Take 6 concert. He was really nice. Al McCoy is as nice as they get. He wrote an email to my son when he found out he had broken a tooth playing basketball. I met McDonough last year when I was surprised to be sitting right behind him at a Knicks/Suns game in MSG. He was was super friendly and nice. He even gave me a report on TJ Warren after he went out early in the first quarter from, you guessed it, banging his head. Cedric Ceballos is the only Suns player I met who was unfriendly and standoffish. He was at one of my kids basketball camps.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Met KJ once at a Take 6 concert. He was really nice. Al McCoy is as nice as they get. He wrote an email to my son when he found out he had broken a tooth playing basketball. I met McDonough last year when I was surprised to be sitting right behind him at a Knicks/Suns game in MSG. He was was super friendly and nice. He even gave me a report on TJ Warren after he went out early in the first quarter from, you guessed it, banging his head. Cedric Ceballos is the only Suns player I met who was unfriendly and standoffish. He was at one of my kids basketball camps.
Old news, but Danny Ainge went into a Radio Shack way back in the 90s and my stepdad (who worked there at the time), got me an autograph. Apparently, he was really cool. And he shopped at Radio Shack.

I've met Dan Majerle through my cousin back when he was playing, and he was a super cool dude.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called a friend of mine the n-word when he was a child trying to get an autograph from him. Has always made him a piece of crap in my eyes.

Superbone

Reaction score
But now I think he's talking about Chambers since he didn't specify and didn't quote a post.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Called a friend of mine the n-word when he was a child trying to get an autograph from him. Has always made him a piece of crap in my eyes.
I know that Tom Chambers has a snotty disposition and an oversized ego. And that he has made his on-air pre- and post-game mock sessions with Eddie Johnson a regular occurrence.

But a celebrity calling a child trying to get an autograph the n-word? Wow! Tom Chambers is a snot! And a bigot.

And the way he used to childishly mock Tom Leander. Tom Chambers is out of touch with reality. The Suns could do better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard