Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They haven’t paid Clay Matthews, either. Looks like these are roster bonuses they were due for being on the roster on day one of the league year, not due on June.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dear, 'I am not worth the contract they gave me anymore and why I am no longer a Ram'... you are jumping the gun a bit pounding your chest for public attention with basically a whole month to go before they're obligated to pay you :)

they haven’t paid Clay Mathews either. He’s filing with the NFLPA to get his money for a roster bonus.

It amazes me how guys always side with management when it comes to the NFL.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC and correct me if I am incorrect;

If a player signs with another team after being cut , that new team's salary is deducted from the final original team payout. Why wouldn't the old team wait until the new contract is signed sealed and delivered. Paying the cut and pissed off player the "full amount" before the bean counters get it all figured out might not be wise.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's called the "offset language" of a contract and it varies from player to player. It's a negotiating point. I'm sure the Rams' rooms full of attorney's have told them what to do.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It's being reported that these are both roster bonuses. Both he and Matthews were on the roster the first day of the leagues new year then they are owed that money. There is no offset language on a bonus.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson