To what degree have you ever hated our Cards?

To what degree has your support ever waivered, even to the point of hated, towards our Cardinals?

• 0 - complete disgust, totally giving up on them

Votes: 3 5.9%

Votes: 2 3.9%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 4 7.8%

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • 10 - total unwavering support

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've never been done with them. My Dad used to say he worried about how loyal I was to the Cardinals in the 80's and 90's when I was a kid lol. I was just the eternal optimist. These days I'm more of a realist; hope for the best, expect the worst. But maybe I've just matured. Several family members have told me in recent years that it's less fun for them to watch Cardinals games with me, because I don't get nearly as worked up about it as I used to! lol That kind of makes me happy and sad.

Anyways, enough about me I have a funny story about the Monday Night Meltdown against the Bears. So I was at that game with my brother and for some reason we weren't even mad. I think it was because of all the Bears fans that were leaving early. We kept trying to tell them; 'dude, you know we're the Cardinals right? This game aint over." And they just laughed at us. Then as it unfolded we couldn't help but just laugh.

So on the way out we're walking amongst the masses back to parking and we get stopped by traffic police on this one corner just outside the stadium. It was really quiet like people were just stunned as to what just happened when suddenly this BILLOWING voice from the front of the line just cries out in agony:

"GOD D####T I HATE THE F*****G CARDINALS!" verbatim lol Everyone around us laughed, it was a good tension breaker.

You could really hear it in his voice. I think he was probably a 0 at that point.

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I've never been done with them. My Dad used to say he worried about how loyal I was to the Cardinals in the 80's and 90's when I was a kid lol. I was just the eternal optimist. These days I'm more of a realist; hope for the best, expect the worst. But maybe I've just matured. Several family members have told me in recent years that it's less fun for them to watch Cardinals games with them because I dont get nearly as worked up about it. lol That kind of makes me happy and sad.

Anyways, enough about me I have a funny story about the Monday Night Meltdown against the Bears. So I was at that game with my brother and for some reason we weren't even mad. I think it was because of all the Bears fans that were leaving early. We kept trying to tell them; 'dude, you know we're the Cardinals right? This game aint over." And they just laughed at us. Then as it unfolded we couldn't help but just laugh.

So on the way out we're walking amongst the masses back to parking and we get stopped by traffic police on this one corner just outside the stadium. It was really quiet like people were just stunned as to what just happened when suddenly this BILLOWING voice from the front of the line just cries out in agony:

"GOD D####T I HATE THE F*****G CARDINALS!" verbatim lol Everyone around us laughed, it was a good tension breaker.

You could really hear it in his voice. I think he was probably a 0 at that point.

Yeah, I was there on my 55th birthday, October 16, 2006. It looked like the Cards were going to give me a sweet birthday gift, but like Charlie Brown, the football got pulled away from me. I was stunned for days. My family kept asking is I was OK, but I never responded.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2003 Cards were rough to watch

Eh. As a season ticket holder who went to 10 total games (including preseason) and saw 6 wins and 4 losses it wasn't too bad.

We had some great ASFN halftime gatherings that season.

Anquan's rookie season - he was a beast.

That was the year Dexter Jackson ended the Packers game with an INT and we beat Minnesota to knock them out of the playoffs.

I'll take that over some other years.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Steve Wilks. Hands down, worst sesson ever.

In respect to the quality of football and my personal enjoyment of the product.

Not even close, I am still recovering in some ways from that

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I considered leaving when we hired Buddy Ryan in 94. I couldn't stand him from his time in Philly and I had just left Arizona in 93 and was having a hard time following the team on the East Coast. Internet was barely a thing back then. Being in Virginia, I couldn't stand the Redskins from our NFC East rivalry games, and the expansion Panthers were still a year away from playing games, which I saw it as an opportunity to get in on the ground floor....

Ultimately, I couldn't do it. Just felt like I was cheating on a girlfriend. Plus, I discovered how to follow the team on websites like the old Cards Corner on AOL.

It did teach me though that no matter how great or bleak the team, coaches and players are... they all eventually get replaced. The Cards are my team, and there are tons of great folks and stories within the organization that are worth supporting, no matter how bleak the season is.

Go Cards!!!

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Never the Cards. Now the Suns are a different story.

I've been a Suns fan since the mid 1970's. I've never considered following another team, but there were a couple of periods where I completely gave up on the NBA for a few years while the Suns were pathetic. I've been back on them last couple of seasons... Booker has helped.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Wilks season was the first season that I would record and walk away. It's funny that I can't say Kingsbury was any more qualified than Wilks as a HC candidate, but I never felt the 100% expectation of failure last year that I did in 2018.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Eh. As a season ticket holder who went to 10 total games (including preseason) and saw 6 wins and 4 losses it wasn't too bad.

We had some great ASFN halftime gatherings that season.

Anquan's rookie season - he was a beast.

That was the year Dexter Jackson ended the Packers game with an INT and we beat Minnesota to knock them out of the playoffs.

I'll take that over some other years.

I mean as intalent potential on the team, besides Boldin the actual roster was made up of castoffs lol

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember what year but I was so mad and disgusted at Rod Graves that I just went totally off the rails on the board... even used swear words, which was a real no-no back then. Sort of like a bad round of golf, you're into it 3 holes and even though you love playing, it's so bad you can't wait for it to be over. Finished my post with 'Nice Guys Finish Last' by Greenday, lol. Skkorp banned me. Wilks was the only time I totally lost interest but I came over for a game anyway.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Never under Michael. The days at Sun Devil Stadium with trashed bathrooms and garbage in the seats had me mad

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I remember them losing to the Jets 7-6 one year. I think Greg McIlroy was their starting QB. I was very close.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Never hated the Cardinals for some reason. The Suns on the other hand under Sarver’s ownership have destroyed my fandom to the point that I don’t even watch the NBA anymore.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Could never hate a team with a Cardinal on the helmet. I've hated our FO & ownership at times. I've hated our HC's at times. I've even rooted for us to lose a few meaningless games in order to draft a legit QBOF (Manning brothers & K1). But, I'll go to my grave as a Cardinal fan. I was not happy when the Cardinals moved to AZ. Had they decided to take on a new uniform/nickname, I would have dropped them like a bad habit. As a 6 year old way back in 1964, I fell in love with the Cardinal name, colors & uniform.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, that game was 31-21. The Joyner ejection was a joke.
OMG BIM, wasn't it??!! One of the worst games ever played by the Cards. I remember that game vividly because we were so horrible that the sports bar I was at relegated me to a small tv all the way in the back, while my boys who are Cowboys and Eagle fans, got to watch in the main lively part of the bar on huge TV's. I felt like a third class citizen!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG BIM, wasn't it??!! One of the worst games ever played by the Cards. I remember that game vividly because we were so horrible that the sports bar I was at relegated me to a small tv all the way in the back, while my boys who are Cowboys and Eagle fans, got to watch in the main lively part of the bar on huge TV's. I felt like a third class citizen!

I have still never seen a player spike their helmet with such force. Seth bounced that helmet off the SDS grass like it was a super bouncy ball.