Timberwolves @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 4-28-2024 - Game 4

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Vogel was a baffling hire that made no sense from Day 1. Dude has no personality and no concept of how to work with stars. How he got the Lakers with LeBron a natty is beyond me. Get him off my team. Find a coach who’s smart and can relate to the big three.
Yup. I so wanted nurse but he was smart enough to avoid this disaster.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Playoff career high for D Book tonight. In an ellimination game, too.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know we didn’t talk about it much but Vogel still playing with rotations, in the playoffs and putting dudes out there at times during the playoffs that had ZERO contributions was completely baffling to me. He he that bad of a coach or was it desperation?

I don’t care. Vogel has not business being here next year.
Desperation. Guy was in over his head all season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IDK what happened there. Bad interview, etc. Gambo said Suns didn't want nurse after the interview process. Maybe it was Nurse saying no thanks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK what happened there. Bad interview, etc. Gambo said Suns didn't want nurse after the interview process. Maybe it was Nurse saying no thanks.
I remember them also saying that Vogel said all the right things in the interview and impressed them. UGH. Something tells me the Suns need to work on their hiring process.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I remember them also saying that Vogel said all the right things in the interview and impressed them. UGH. Something tells me the Suns need to work on their hiring process.
I concur! Maybe even bring in some consultants to help.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny that you consider him a smaller MJ. I can see that. I think Ant is who Amare would have been if he were 6'4". Either way, he's special. He's one of those talents who is fun to watch and hard to root against. Hope he has a healthy long career.

Hey EJ just agreed with me so there’s that…MJ’esque.

Agree he’s hard to root against. I’m mostly a suns fan and everyone else is dead to me type of person. But yes he’s a likeable player and fun to watch.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I feel like FINALLY the Cardinals may have the right GM and coach combination. The Dbacks seem to have that now. Suns just need to find that.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kinda dont want another retread next season.

I know Miles Simon has a good rapport with the players on the roster, and Miles has been clamoring for a HC role for some time.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Oof

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kinda dont want another retread next season.

I know Miles Simon has a good rapport with the players on the roster, and Miles has been clamoring for a HC role for some time.
I’ve been saying that to cheese. If we are running this squad back they have to find the undiscovered Riley or undiscovered Phil. A young guy who thinks differently and leads differently. Not a retread. I wanted nurse last season bc he’s been lauded as a very creative coach. Now I want something new.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I feel like FINALLY the Cardinals may have the right GM and coach combination. The Dbacks seem to have that now. Suns just need to find that.
What was bad about Yotes is it seems like that situation finally had a good coat/GM combo, too. Suns seem like the squad needing an upgrade. Heck, I think the Mercury have a better GM than the Suns, but JJ won Executive Of The Year, so what do I know.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I’ve been saying that to cheese. If we are running this squad back they have to find the undiscovered Riley or undiscovered Phil. A young guy who thinks differently and leads differently. Not a retread. I wanted nurse last season bc he’s been lauded as a very creative coach. Now I want something new.
I was perusing an article listing the top 25 college coaches plus one. Some of the guys even on that list are problematic. I am open to importing a guy from the Euro league, etc.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude if the Suns roll out next year with Vogel still as our coach? These forums……..

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Dude if the Suns roll out next year with Vogel still as our coach? These forums……..
I have been hearing it not just in this forum, but the casual fan in general will lose it. It may finally impact ticket sales.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kendrick Perkins ripping the Suns and giving props to Minnesota.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most expensive roster in the league, no draft picks and swept in the first round look how far we have fallen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberwolves Chris Finch is feared to have a torn patellar tendon in his knee.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oof
Big 3, big 3, big 3....

I never saw it that way. Since when was Beal a "big" NBA player. He scored a lot of points for a crappy franchise. Was hurt a lot. Had like one really good playoff game, which they lost.

The Durant trade was bad, the Beal trade was beyond dumb. I would rather have frigging Ayton, that's how low of an opinion I have had of Beal. I bit my tongue and hoped for the best. But there is no best with Beal. He won't be better for us than this season.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberwolves Chris Finch is feared to have a torn patellar tendon in his knee.

That sucks. I feel bad for him. I wonder if it’s going to be one of those quick turnaround surgeries, in a cast and back on the sidelines.