Timberwolves @ Suns Friday Playoff game thread 4-26-2024 - Game 3

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Nor nearly enough. KD is already old, got to get rid of him asap.
this team hasn't clicked yet plain and simple - no doubt - 100%

i don't see us making any changes tho as far as the starting line up goes

we have 3 of the best shooting guards on the planet right now - kd came to play with book - beal came to play with equals - you're not going to tell any of these 3 that this can't work - we need a phil jackson because the menu ain't changing - we got ted cruz long term too

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can’t have it both ways either that team sucked and we would have high picks or it didn’t and we could have made some moves around the edges to improve it.
I didn’t say we’d suck. I said we were headed toward NBA nothingness… purgatory. A middling 35-45 win Portland-esque squad.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another post-season blow out at home. There really isn’t anything left to say. Blow this whole thing up. Literally, they need to dump the entire team. There isn’t one player I’m in favor of keeping.
I’m right with you, even Booker is pissing me off.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are very specific instances that are some of the most negatives examples of what went wrong, so of course you make it seem like they played like that and your examples really take the pre-kd teams out of context.

That suns team would beat the current suns.

Edit: this team has been humiliated all season long and three games in round one.
Potatoe potato.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn’t say we’d suck. I said we were headed toward NBA nothingness… purgatory. A middling 35-45 win Portland-esque squad.
I would much rather have that, than this monstrosity of a team. Sometimes even mid round picks turn into superstars.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would much rather have that, than this monstrosity of a team. Sometimes even mid round picks turn into superstars.
Yeah… I agree. I just think people romanticize what was going to be a rough road there also. But alas, there was some kind of road. The road here just ran into the Great Wall Of China.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right on queue JO to play the last seconds
Brilliant coach waits till your down 20+ to play the best on ball defender lol what a total joke! Vogel needs to be fired asap dude is just not the guy for this squad! Just pure stupidity not using the bench to at least try to inject sparks not to mention not run the starters 40+ consistently! Total failure as a HC!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When reasonably healthy they were 24-8 last season, pre trade. They had a horrid stretch of injuries.

They needed to make some moves to improve, they didn’t need to blow it up.

The Durant trade obliterated this team. They got drastically worse from the jump.

I thought the Durant trade Had potential to be among the worst ever and it looks worse than I imagined.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know we will win 3 in a row just to get sucked in and lose by 40 game 7
I'm calling it lol
No chance this is the most gutless bunch of losers ever assembled.

They will get blown out 100% in game 4.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
can you make me a couple chili dogs sexy?

yes - but you still have a oatmeal stout in the fridge

i know but chili dogs make me sleepy

:(

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brilliant coach waits till your down 20+ to play the best on ball defender lol what a total joke! Vogel needs to be fired asap dude is just not the guy for this squad! Just pure stupidity not using the bench to at least try to inject sparks not to mention not run the starters 40+ consistently! Total failure as a HC!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did Bol only walk one of his dogs? Play the first half and sit the second?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
idk - ishbia seems like a swell guy - maybe we can get some make a wish kids in here on the fly - let them play the last game

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When reasonably healthy they were 24-8 last season, pre trade. They had a horrid stretch of injuries.

At one point when reasonably healthy, this team was 22-8.

You can cherry pick whatever games you want, but a CP3 team is never going to be “relatively healthy” nor can one with Cam Johnson missing his annual 20-25 games.

They needed to make some moves to improve, they didn’t need to blow it up.

The Durant trade obliterated this team. They got drastically worse from the jump.

They won their first 8 games KD played in from the jump. There’s no need to just blatantly lie. You’ve already been proven right that the trade was terrible.

I thought the Durant trade Had potential to be among the worst ever and it looks worse than I imagined.
Congrats!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn