Tight Ends: Combine

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by iLLmatiC, Feb 22, 2014.

1. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC Drive-by Poster

For those of you who are interested in watching the tight ends and have the NFL Network, they are about to run the tight ends through the 40.

2. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC Drive-by Poster

Jace Amaro just ran a 4.66

3. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC Drive-by Poster

Eric Ebron 4.5

4. DoTheDew

DoTheDew Registered

Amaro with 28 reps on the bench press. Solid speed and apparently better strength than he's been given credit for.

5. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

Eric ran the 40 and took the rest of the day off. Sort of like his college career.

6. Bodha

Bodha Registered

I dont like Ebron one bit

He oozes of Diva and unprofessional to me. He was mugging every time the camera hit him today. Every time. This is the biggest day of his life thus far, his mind should be on his performance, and his focus obviously is oriented on how cool or tough he looks walking around. With his head tilted way back and chin in the air. Ive only seen thugs and D-bags ever strike that pose.

He doesnt sound like a pro when he speaks either. Too much swag and little substance.

My guy looked great. Arthur Lynch. Didnt run fast, but he was never going to. But as BA said, TEs on the Cardinals block first. And Arthur put up the 2nd most reps on the bench and is a big big guy. Hes a great blocker. When he does go out to receive, he can relied upon to catch the ball. And maybe moreover important from what I just saw out of Ebron, Arthur is an A+ character player. Weve seen in last years draft that BASK likes Team Captains, well Arthur was a Captain at Georgia.

and the Cards met with Arthur at the EW shrine game, so they know he is for sure.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  7. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

Jenkins did nothing as he was not "medically cleared". ?

8. Finito

Finito Registered

Sounds just like your looking for something. There have been no questions what's so ever about Ebrons character. People are saying he killed it at the combine and might go top ten now but you think he's a thug because of the way he walks, right. Little substance? You obviously didn't watch him play this year cause he was flat out great

I would take Ebron on my team in a heart beat

9. juza76

juza76 Registered

i saw a tape and lynch has a nice push blocking.and he is even a good catcher.
    for arians parameters ,he is definitely one of few complete tigh end in this draft

10. WildBB

WildBB Air Raid Locked n Loaded

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  11. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

Hopefully ASJ's foot issues drop him and he's there for the Cards to grab in round 2.

12. WildBB

WildBB Air Raid Locked n Loaded

He's pretty good value there. He's got talent, but he doesn't block well and the effort lags. I'd worry about him if he's not prominently in a game plan being targeted often. Better we get a hard working good blocking type. The type Arians likes. We just need someone with a little better speed than what we presently have outside of Housler. That's a bit tricky later in the draft. Maybe in FA?