Thunder Dan Day (Barkley)...

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Can't believe no one has wanted to talk about this. This board is getting stale. :confused:

Will Charles Barkley surprise everyone and show up for the Ring Of Honor tribute? (Article in the Republic today.)

Firstly, Thunder deserves every accolade he gets. He was the heart and soul of this team. He was worth the price of admission and then some. How many players give up one's body night after night after night? He was in your face for 48 minutes. And, most games he did play 48 minutes.

The dunk over Manute, the 40 foot buzzer beater against the Lakers, clutch shot after clutch shot against the Bulls, etc, etc, etc.

You think Majerle. You think Suns.

On to Barkley. What are the chances of him showing up tonight? He said he'll be at Majerles Restaurant. Man, this feud is silly. Colangelo and Barkley need to bury the hatchet. This is a freakin' game when it all comes down to it. I was mad as anyone when Barkley came down on the Suns on National TV. But, I'm over it. Time heals all wounds. Barkley needs to be the next player inducted into the Ring Of Honor.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I really wish I could be there tonight. Dan Majerle is one of my all time favorite players. He deserves to be in the Ring.

As far as my other all time favorite player, Sir Charles goes, I think he'll be there. I think I read somewhere earlier this year that Jerry and Chuck made up. Regardless of that, Charles knows how good and hard working Majerly was. They almost won the championship together, he'll be there.

OP
OP
sly fly

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
The question is, will the crowd be deafening if Barkley speaks? Or, will they boo?

I, too hopes he'll show up. It would be sad if he's all alone at Majerle's Restaurant pounding Tequila shots.

sunsfn

Reaction score
SirStefan32 said,
-----------------------------------------------------
As far as my other all time favorite player, Sir Charles goes, I think he'll be there. I think I read somewhere earlier this year that Jerry and Chuck made up. Regardless of that, Charles knows how good and hard working Majerly was. They almost won the championship together, he'll be there.
------------------------------------------------

Not sure where you read that but I think it is wrong.
They have not made up and I do not think Barkley will not be there tonight!
He is not welcome at this time.

He was one of my favorite players also, and I wish they could bury the hatchet and get along.

Charles Barkley has said so many negatinve things about Jerry Colangelo that it will take a long time to heal this.

Part of the problem is that he is still saying them.......

:(

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
What exactly has Charles said that was not true?

I am not being sarcastic or anything, I'd simply like to know.

If he is there and he speaks, I can not believe that anybody would boo him.

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
Surprise surprise. Sir Charles did make it to AWA last night. He was out of sight watching the festivities from the players tunnel. Channel 12 showed tape of him standing there during their 10:30pm sportcast. Good move by Charles in my opinion. If Charles had come out onto the court and taken part in the ceremony, it might have overshadowed Dan being inducted into the Ring of Honor.