This team is going to “SU...”

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
RPRISE?!”

I really don’t know what to say other than try to bring humor to a less than inspiring start.

I am not really ticked at any particular move, it’s always the moves this team doesn’t make that gets me heated.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One day of free agency, zero practices, zero training camp, zero games, no draft yet and yes, the season is over? :bang:

That’s the point of the thread. We really don’t know what this team will be, let alone will do. SUCK OR SURPRISE.

What I do know is that FA is frustrating as a Cardinals fan.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love history, but I am 66, and looking to the future. I've seen the past and want to do better.

How does your positive attitude toward your own life change anything about the Cardinals?

Last edited:

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That’s the point of the thread. We really don’t know what this team will be, let alone will do. SUCK OR SURPRISE.

What I do know is that FA is frustrating as a Cardinals fan.

In a few days all the details of the different FA deals will be available. Other teams go for the 'big' signing and throw lots of cash and very seldom do you see those investments pay off---then the team is in cap hell and has to release guys and take the hit with dead money, lose their own guys because they paid someone else, etc.

Miami paid huge money for DT Suh---I believe $20 mil/year for the past three years---and just released him. Big splash, nothing to show for it.

Cards made a play for Cousins but he picked the Vikes. That would have been an out-of-character move for the Cards and---as much as I wanted a healthy competent QB---is probably going to be for the better considering the amount of cap directed toward one guy.

Cards can still fill in some gaps when the feeding FA frenzy dies down by offering sensible contracts to good players.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
How does your positive attitude toward your own life change anything about the Cardinals?

Easy.

You understand its just football, its just entertainment, its just a game, and that in the end, its all a business, and no one cares about you as a fan anyway.

Any emotional attachments you make to this sport is your own doing. If it makes you miserable, you have to take responsibility for letting yourself get into that state of mind.

There is an AMAZING amount of things in a person's life, living on this blessed land that we do, that is to celebrate. The luxury we all live in, the peace, and the overall life we have, even at its worst, is better than 99.9% of the people to ever walk this planet.

Just to have a life to sit around and talk football is more than most get to have.

Champagne problems.

Heck, you want to keep it strictly Cardinals ? This is not the 2000's, Bill Bidwill is no longer in charge, Rod Graves is no longer the GM, and while many are not happy currently, the expectations of this team today, are night and day to what they used to be.

That is how it changes things about the Cardinals.

Well, that, and some are just not as reactionary to things a day into free agency as others.....not saying there is anything wrong with being reactionary about the moves, just some of us are fine waiting to see the full product before letting emotion come in to play.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Easy.

You understand its just football, its just entertainment, its just a game, and that in the end, its all a business, and no one cares about you as a fan anyway.

Any emotional attachments you make to this sport is your own doing. If it makes you miserable, you have to take responsibility for letting yourself get into that state of mind.

There is an AMAZING amount of things in a person's life, living on this blessed land that we do, that is to celebrate. The luxury we all live in, the peace, and the overall life we have, even at its worst, is better than 99.9% of the people to ever walk this planet.

Just to have a life to sit around and talk football is more than most get to have.

Champagne problems.

Heck, you want to keep it strictly Cardinals ? This is not the 2000's, Bill Bidwill is no longer in charge, Rod Graves is no longer the GM, and while many are not happy currently, the expectations of this team today, are night and day to what they used to be.

Well, that, and some are just not as reactionary to things a day into free agency as others.....not saying there is anything wrong with being reactionary about the moves, just some of us are fine waiting to see the full product before letting emotion come in to play.
EXACTLY! 100%

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One day of free agency, zero practices, zero training camp, zero games, no draft yet and yes, the season is over? :bang:
Right?

IMO, I'm looking towards 2019. They should have a ton of cap space and that's when we'll see this roster really change. That's when the Cards should start another run. 2018 is a bridge year overall, not just at QB.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can control your own reaction to what the Cards do but that is not changing what they do.

We do indeed live in a blessed time and place. As we sit here staring at a PC screen talking about an irrelevant sport, people all around the world are dying of hunger, war, disease, drugs, etc. Have to keep that perspective even as we engage in fierce debates about which OL to sign or how to trade up in the draft. Explain those football fanatic concerns to a grief- stricken parent who has lost their home and children to war, a flood, a earthquake.

I retreat to talking football as a break from all those issues. It gives me a breather before I jump back into the real world.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

it has been kinda funny to see a some very frustrated posters arguing about the Bradford signing to the effect of: "this means they will win too much next year"

i get the implications of this -- a sense of its better to tear it all down SF style and grab the truly exceptional franchise QB vs. spending the next x years at 7-9

but it is funny to see none the less

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
As Jurecki likes to say... “Judge the roster in September!” Im not a big Jurecki fan, but that’s a pretty salient point. The new league year is less than 24 hrs old and I trust Michael, Keim, and Wilks to build a strong roster we will all be proud of week 1.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We also got to remember that if we still had Rod Graves, we'd be waiting two weeks to contact Glennon to be our starter.

Instead we tried for Brees. We tried for Cousins. We're not sitting good to get our choice of the top QB's, and don't have the ammo to trade up, let alone beat out the Bills, who also jumped us already. Had no QB's on the roster. (We were that way because of past decisions, but none of those decisions were this past week when it impacts the present).

We did the best we could and got two guys before free agency started, one of whom was still under contract. Neither are huge long term commitment contracts.

I'm ok that we got what we got, because if Keim didn't go then, we'd be in a worse spot. None of these contracts are going to effect what we do in future years and we could have the #1 or close to it amount of cap for next season. Based on the structure we know Keim thinks that too. We signed Bradford to a prove it deal and keep our flexibility.

We all wanted more, but it wasn't to be. We just have to accept that and move on and make the best of it. Keim did and did so quickly.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Easy.

Champagne problems.

I had to make 60 before coming to grips with my lifetime sports addiction. I agree it’s strictly entertainment.

As for the recent flurry of non stop debbie downers, I’ve seen far worse decision making by this organization.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We also got to remember that if we still had Rod Graves, we'd be waiting two weeks to contact Glennon to be our starter.

Instead we tried for Brees. We tried for Cousins. We're not sitting good to get our choice of the top QB's, and don't have the ammo to trade up, let alone beat out the Bills, who also jumped us already. Had no QB's on the roster. (We were that way because of past decisions, but none of those decisions were this past week when it impacts the present).

We did the best we could and got two guys before free agency started, one of whom was still under contract. Neither are huge long term commitment contracts.

I'm ok that we got what we got, because if Keim didn't go then, we'd be in a worse spot. None of these contracts are going to effect what we do in future years and we could have the #1 or close to it amount of cap for next season. Based on the structure we know Keim thinks that too. We signed Bradford to a prove it deal and keep our flexibility.

We all wanted more, but it wasn't to be. We just have to accept that and move on and make the best of it. Keim did and did so quickly.

Agree. Solid argument. 2018 was a 'bridge' year to get to our cap $$$ for FA. Original plan had one injury-riddled QB in CP to get us there, now we have another injury-riddled QB in SB. As long as we keep winning just enough to hit the middle of the draft, we are going to be in dire straits to move up.

Believe we got the best the league had to offer given our circumstances. We just got to make it out of our Division---Seattle is coming back to the pack with the turnover on D; jury is still out on Goff---once the league figures how to counteract their hurry up offense to the line and the OC calling the plays to Goff, he will come back to the pack; JG may be the real deal---but you gotta believe a lot of D coordinators have been reviewing his play now that there is a few games on tape.

We can compete. I look for Wilks and his coaching staff to come out firing to prove they belong as a HC/staff. SB to Fitz will be pretty to watch (until SB is carted off the field. LOL)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard