Things Don’t Look Much Brighter Despite Record

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their next three are tough games but if they squeeze out a W in that stretch, their schedule gets real light in November.

They also ran the ball really well in his absence yesterday. Will be interesting to see if that can continue.
Plus their division doesn't look tough as usual. The Saints are decimated and don't have a good QB. We just saw Carolina. So, yeah, i agree they will hang around the playoff fringe. I already forgot the name of the kid who got most of the carries at RB yesterday but i am going to try and pick him for one of my fantasy teams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus their division doesn't look tough as usual. The Saints are decimated and don't have a good QB. We just saw Carolina. So, yeah, i agree they will hang around the playoff fringe. I already forgot the name of the kid who got most of the carries at RB yesterday but i am going to try and pick him for one of my fantasy teams.
The league is REALLY down across the board, but the NFC especially. I mean… the NFC SUCKS. Philly is good, but they’re not that good and have yet to really play a full game. GB? TB? SF? LA? All a big bunch of MEH.

Which again is one of the reasons this off-season was so frustrating for a lot of us. This was a year to really make a move… BUILD on top of a playoff season, even one that ended in disaster. But we decided to basically stand pat and in a lot of our minds, even get a little bit worse.

But hey… maybe Hop magically fixes the offense and there’s some mid season trade to get some kind of dynamic presence on D to kick it up a notch.

All I do know is I would have written the season totally off at 1-3. That didn’t happen. So I can delude myself for another couple weeks!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
The league is REALLY down across the board, but the NFC especially. I mean… the NFC SUCKS. Philly is good, but they’re not that good and have yet to really play a full game. GB? TB? SF? LA? All a big bunch of MEH.

Which again is one of the reasons this off-season was so frustrating for a lot of us. This was a year to really make a move… BUILD on top of a playoff season, even one that ended in disaster. But we decided to basically stand pat and in a lot of our minds, even get a little bit worse.

But hey… maybe Hop magically fixes the offense and there’s some mid season trade to get some kind of dynamic presence on D to kick it up a notch.

All I do know is I would have written the season totally off at 1-3. That didn’t happen. So I can delude myself for another couple weeks!
I respect but don’t agree with Harry, I remember Tom Tupa our punter as QB for few games. Too me it looks like a team and a league that is not prepared to play tackle football. Like a team that did participate in preseason. I said 4 regular games and that is what it is taking to see what the 2022 cards look like. Dhop meh, yes he matters more then most but no team can rely so heavy on any player.

I was encouraged that we ran more consistent and better at times. It did open up opportunities in the pas game. I mean after cards mandatory 3 and put To start the game. Thought kliff should have taken 3 points instead of going for it on 4th Down in first 1/2. - 3 point lift is always better then a punch in the gut early in a game. Our offense did find a balance and effectiveness in the 2nd 1/2, KM must share well with the running backs. That pi penalty helped flip the field.

the defense got the turnovers even as the offense wasted them, faster then a cigarette could be smoked. Was playing better as a unit. I was encouraged By the 2nd 1/2. Like we could compete with playoff teams again type encouraged. This is a tough schedule, toughest in the NFL even the weaker teams last year we face, are doing well this year. If we can win the division we earned it, and should be much better tempered in the flames of adversity then last year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their next three are tough games but if they squeeze out a W in that stretch, their schedule gets real light in November.

They also ran the ball really well in his absence yesterday. Will be interesting to see if that can continue.

I'm trying to get Caleb Huntley in my fantasy team now. If you saw him in that game he's a kid they pulled up from the practice squad and he had a great 2 drives in the 2nd half of that game. Mariota is what he is, mediocre, but he can run and he really helps their run game and they scheme it well.

They're kind of wasting Pitts and London in the passing game you could see at points in the game how frustrated they were, there were 2 plays where London was just wide open for a big gain and Mariota made a terrible throw. Pitts a couple of times came back to the huddle yelling about being open.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t really think you’re in the minority here. I just don’t see the reason to dwell on the darkness around us and likely still on the horizon after at least a small ray of light shines in.

There will be plenty o’time for that I’m guessing after the Eagles run us out of our own stadium again.

Also, there were just some statements made in the original post that were laughable even from this avowed darksider’s eyes. One of the worst performances ever? I mean, that’s ridiculous if you’ve watched this team for only the last 10 games, much less 30 years!
What a difference one game makes when we smashed a bad team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
beats the alternative
Oh for sure. For the record, I had a great feeling that we would win. Not because I thought the Cards and their offense would finally click, but because I had less faith in Baker Mayfield than I do with this team. Now Mulli owes me lunch.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My thoughts:

Even the rosiest projections thought this was a 2-2 stretch.

Style points do matter a bit. They generally point to what will occur in the future. I'd argue that the Cardinals are likely to get better. Less AJ Green. More DHop, more Wesley.

The defense should improve with Hamilton coming back AND Mullen playing more snaps. Now that the Cardinals have finally committed to playing Collins, we should see an improvement in the middle of the defense too.

Reaction score
Still, Cards pulling off a stunner against Philly, causing us to go crazy with excitement(along with props from media) and then getting destroyed against the Seahawks wouldn't be a complete shocker to me honestly. Lol.
:yeahthat: Soooo much that. . .

:stick:

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
It's early in the season...lot of football to be played. If the Cards can keep hanging around for a while like a lot of teams are currently doing then they have a chance.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you thought this was one of the worst Cardinal performances ever, then you obviously haven’t watched this franchise play much. In my 58 years of watching them, I would say I’ve seen at least 300-400 games where we played SIGNIFICANTLY worse. And I’m being kind with that number.
100% what you said. I haven't been watching them as long as you but close. 45 years for me, I've seen much worse, especially as Jim Hart got old before they drafted Neil Lomax. That being said, the offense KK runs is hot garbage imo, too predictable, no creativity, not enough motion or crossing patterns, slants, misdirection........I could go on. I'm glad we won but if he doesn't change something soon they may not win 8 games even when Hopkins comes back. DC's have his bubble screen run to the sticks offense figured out now plus how to bottle Kyler up. We wouldn't have beaten Carolina had it not been for Baker being so bad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose