The Steve Keim Report Card - You be the Judge

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many more misses than hits. Often I have thought his moves are wish and hope bets rather than those based on fact. Hard to explain but they are moves that would make him genius... but most don't pan out. Looking for pearls in the damaged goods bin.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would cover the same guy as a slot CB?

Yeah, but if he hadn't bulked up, he might still be able to keep up with them.

Or, two ACLs to both knees just took some burst out of him he'll never get back.

Playing him where he is looked like crap last season and looked like crap on Sunday.

Sad... that kid was ELECTRIC on D. Hope he gets it back... but what is the excuse now after being more than a year away from that second ACL?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but if he hadn't bulked up, he might still be able to keep up with them.

Or, two ACLs to both knees just took some burst out of him he'll never get back.

Playing him where he is looked like crap last season and looked like crap on Sunday.

Sad... that kid was ELECTRIC on D. Hope he gets it back... but what is the excuse now after being more than a year away from that second ACL?

I have never heard of anything about him bulking up before today, on this board.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah
Jesus Christ, can we give it a couple more weeks to see how Tyrann will do before we start his "Honey Badger" days are over? It was the first week. I don't like to give excuses, but I'm not quick to react. Damn.

he's looked the same for over a YEAR now. Looked slow in pre-season to me, looked slow again Sunday.

dreday

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah

he's looked the same for over a YEAR now. Looked slow in pre-season to me, looked slow again Sunday.

Don't you know that there's a major transformation that happens between week 57 and 59?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah

He had the brace on last year. He didn't look slow in preseason, not to me at least. He got worked by Tate, but he didn't look slow while doing it. Tate is known WR with a really quick twitch on his routes. He got the best of Ty that day. Ty will probably get worked by a few more quick twitch WRs. That's been his weakness since his LSU days. I know it's your thing to sprinkle 90% of negativity on your posts, but I'm not ready to close the door on him, yet. If you are, that's cool, I guess.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Golden Tate is a really good receiver. I think it's madness that we had Peterson tracking Marvin Jones III all over the field and bracketed Tate in the slot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had the brace on last year. He didn't look slow in preseason, not to me at least. He got worked by Tate, but he didn't look slow while doing it. Tate is known WR with a really quick twitch on his routes. He got the best of Ty that day. Ty will probably get worked by a few more quick twitch WRs. That's been his weakness since his LSU days. I know it's your thing to sprinkle 90% of negativity on your posts, but I'm not ready to close the door on him, yet. If you are, that's cool, I guess.

I own a HB jersey. I came up with the STILL SAVAGE banner hung in the stadium the game after he tore his ACL to honor him AND show that we were a force to still be reckoned with so spare me your "you like to be negative 90% of the time" garbage. There's no bigger HB fan than I, which is why I'm so bummed that he looks very little like the defensive dynamo he was.

Bottom line, when this team and players give me a reason to believe, I believe... but they haven't done squat since the Packers playoff game.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The 49ers have 20 plus new players this year. The Cardinals should have at least 10 roster spots open next year.
Grade strong C

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
Looking to next year, The Cardinals should let CP retire and sign Sam Bradford who will be a free agent. I know he is in his 30s but he would be a good QB to have until Keim finds the QBOF.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
One place where Keim gets dinged in my book:

significant assets were invested in the offensive line:

two big contracts, two first round draft choices, a third round pick, a fourth round pick, multiple later day picks

and after all that: its below average