Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cage and Garner Team for Sorcerer
Source: Variety
February 10, 2007

Nicolas Cage (Ghost Rider) and Todd Garner will produce The Sorcerer's Apprentice, a live-action feature for Walt Disney Pictures. Variety says the film is a possible starring vehicle for Cage.

Lawrence Konner and Mark Rosenthal (Flicka, Eragon) wrote the script, which takes its inspiration from the poem by Goethe in which an old sorcerer leaves his workshop, in the hands of his apprentice, who's not yet fully trained in magic. The apprentice gets a broomstick to do his chores for him but things get out of control when the broom takes over.

The tale was the basis for the sequence in Disney's animated classic Fantasia.

Garner will produce through his Broken Road Productions. Cage and his producing partner Norm Golightly will produce through Saturn Films.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody watched this? Just redboxed it for the kids and I was quite surprised. I enjoyed it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody watched this? Just redboxed it for the kids and I was quite surprised. I enjoyed it.

I actually liked it a lot, but I am one of the only people I know who likes Nick Cage.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually liked it a lot, but I am one of the only people I know who likes Nick Cage.

I liked it. I like Nicholas Cage too.

Has a lot of good movies and a lot of leading roles. I would say he is more liked than not liked. JMO.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I watched it and liked it. Saw a commercial for the DVD on TV yesterday. Forgotten how much I enjoyed the movie.

I like Nicholas Cage alright.