The Sky Is Not Falling

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In 2-4 hours’ time, many of you will be losing your minds. Calm yourselves. We are banged up, playing a SB team on the road. If we go down, Kyler will take chances that typically lead to turnovers. Hicks is hurt. Edmonds, contrary to popular belief, is not better than David Johnson and we had the 1st overall pick this past year for a reason. Hopefully, we shock the world today but, if not, I still really like the direction this team is headed in.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
No big disagreement. This will be a good opportunity to see how much this team has progressed. The real games start now. I still think it’s 2 years to a competitive roster.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's halftime & we're in the game, on the road in a hostile environment. They've showed me already that they will be competitive in all our games the rest of the season.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
My assessments:

1) the offense can compete with any defense in the NFL because we have Kyler, Kliff etc

2) #31 is missed

3) Joseph needs to change his ways defensively & play more m2m going forward or Kliff needs to fire him ASAP or at seasons end. Today’s QBs & play callers are just too good to play 80% zone

Buckybird

Reaction score
My assessments:

1) the offense can compete with any defense in the NFL because we have Kyler, Kliff etc

2) #31 is missed & a still difference maker in this offense despite his critics

3) Joseph needs to change his ways defensively & play more m2m going forward or Kliff needs to fire him ASAP or at seasons end. Today’s QBs & play callers are just too good to play 80% zone

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
KL has forgot where the runs helped us already

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My assessments:

2) #31 is missed & a still difference maker in this offense despite his critics

1) for now I don't agree

2) yes we are missing him really much

3) yes we need a different D type but they aren't playing bad, they are getting better even if the opponent gets way to many 3rd and longs converted

AZCats

Veteran
Reaction score
How can the sky fall when it it already on the ground. This team sucks with Klingbury as coach. They will never do anything as long as he is here. I have softened my stance on Murray a little. I would still rather have someone else.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
How can the sky fall when it it already on the ground. This team sucks with Klingbury as coach. They will never do anything as long as he is here. I have softened my stance on Murray a little. I would still rather have someone else.
I have to agree with this entire thing. I have zero excitement about Kliff and his decisions today, and just despise Keim at this point.

I've softened on Murray as well. Not who I really love up to this point, but he's got room to grow and has his moments.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone realistically expected a win at New Orleans with a rookie coach and QB while missing your starting RB.

I hoped we’d stay competitive and they did through 3 quarters, but this team still hasn’t played a complete game all year...I hope that changes soon.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We just played maybe the best team in the NFC. We held out as long as one can when you do not have the horses to run with talent like that. This is a great game to see what we are lacking and yes that still includes a better OL... but LB and having a number one WR stood out

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
I have to agree with this entire thing. I have zero excitement about Kliff and his decisions today, and just despise Keim at this point.

I've softened on Murray as well. Not who I really love up to this point, but he's got room to grow and has his moments.
They went 3-13, had the nfls worst offense, and had a negative 200 point differential last year. Not sure how a 10 win season is being expected the next season with a first year coach but these type of comments seem to be suggesting that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We just played maybe the best team in the NFC. We held out as long as one can when you do not have the horses to run with talent like that. This is a great game to see what we are lacking and yes that still includes a better OL... but LB and having a number one WR stood out
Lol, these folks here are hilarious.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They went 3-13, had the nfls worst offense, and had a negative 200 point differential last year. Not sure how a 10 win season is being expected the next season with a first year coach but these type of comments seem to be suggesting that.
Did I ever say I expected a 10 win season? I've said all offseason we're winning less than 5 games. But that's still awful.

What I saw today was a team that has pretty much two positions we don't want to upgrade. No one out there looked good at all. We have so far to go.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We are a 5-7 win team...which is still the case. We wanted a team that is more competitive, and we got that. It is night and day between this year and last.

With that comes the frustration of being in games into the 3rd quarter and then "choking them away". While I get more angry with these loses, I will take them over the game being over in the 1st 5 min every week.

We need to move PP for a 1st round pick. We need to seriously think about replacing Keim, and we need to make some really solid roster moves with our picks and cap space.

If we do those things I think we should expect 8 wins next year.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. This team was in it until a horribly timed 4th down attempt. Not saying that was the difference between a win or loss... But I was proud of the battling until that point.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We are a 5-7 win team...which is still the case. We wanted a team that is more competitive, and we got that. It is night and day between this year and last.

With that comes the frustration of being in games into the 3rd quarter and then "choking them away". While I get more angry with these loses, I will take them over the game being over in the 1st 5 min every week.

We need to move PP for a 1st round pick. We need to seriously think about replacing Keim, and we need to make some really solid roster moves with our picks and cap space.

If we do those things I think we should expect 8 wins next year.

Trading Peterson would be a moron move. What, get a first rounder and then take a step back to replace him or walk a mile back because the draft is not a give me. What has Peterson done which makes him so replaceable is the question. The four most important positions on a team are QB, Pass rusher, LT and number one CB... I say we have all four (though being very lenient with Humphries haha) but now need to compliment them which we can from our current probable draft position and upcoming cap space

Buckybird

Reaction score
Trading Peterson would be a moron move. What, get a first rounder and then take a step back to replace him or walk a mile back because the draft is not a give me. What has Peterson done which makes him so replaceable is the question. The four most important positions on a team are QB, Pass rusher, LT and number one CB... I say we have all four (though being very lenient with Humphries haha) but now need to compliment them which we can from our current probable draft position and upcoming cap space
Then Kingsbury better tell VJ to play more m2m or fire his ass.

This is a perfect example of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. You don’t play soft zones most of the time of you have a supposed cover CB. It completely doesn’t make any sense. Too many guys wide open almost every play. It’s been all year long, even with PP in the lineup now.

Too easy in today’s passing game where QBs are too accurate & OCs too good calling plays

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's halftime & we're in the game, on the road in a hostile environment. They've showed me already that they will be competitive in all our games the rest of the season.

As I watched, there was never a time I really felt they were in the game. The score was close for a bit but the Cards never seemed in the game regardless of what the score was

Last edited:
OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then Kingsbury better tell VJ to play more m2m or fire his ass.

This is a perfect example of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. You don’t play soft zones most of the time of you have a supposed cover CB. It completely doesn’t make any sense. Too many guys wide open almost every play. It’s been all year long, even with PP in the lineup now.

Too easy in today’s passing game where QBs are too accurate & OCs too good calling plays
I’ve been thinking the same thing but we don’t know the me plans and reasoning behind them. Logic says when you wait 6 games to get your stud corner back you don’t drop into a zone after one game. With that said, KK could’ve told Joseph to bend but don’t break because he didn’t know he had poo the bed with his offensive gameplan.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Reality set in.Hanging tough for as long as the Cards did was good.Still no running game and lousy red zone offense won't do you any favors.KK has to fix that.9 TDs in 8 games I think someone said.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Peterson doesn't want to be here! He is under contract next year, and then he walks...so unless your plan is to take a very vocal malcontent and franchise tag him...Peterson is not going to be a part of our next playoff run.

Peterson hurt his value with the PED crap, but still could land us a 1st round pick. Offseason going into his contract year is probably a 2nd rounder, and next years deadline its probably a 3rd.

IMO we need to get what we can for him now. He is not Fitz who wants to be a Cardinal for life. He has asked for trades several times, and as good as he might be as an individual player, he does not make our defense elite. If you get offered a 1st rounder for him you should take it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I do want to call out really quick, my own personal definition of "competitive."

I would personally deem competitive as "able to soundly believe we'll go in with a good chance to win" each week. I think others feel like "score was close for a bit" is competitive. Which is totally fine, it's just a different feeling.

For example, in the Whisenhunt and Arians years, even the Dennis Green era, I felt each week like we had a shot. Some weeks with more confidence than others, of course.

Right now I kinda feel like last year was so bad that some fans have been beaten down into accepting moral victories or hanging with a team for a quarter or two while they warm up and then drag us up and down the field. Can't speak for everyone, of course.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson